Windows 10 Mobile build 15025 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm done with Fast Ring for now. I tried a hard reset and still had issues on 15025. So Saturday I used WDRT and went back to the production build. Forgotten how my 950XL "just worked" on the production build.

Really have myself to blame for going Fast Ring on a daily driver. I thought by buying the Nexus 6P I could use that as a daily driver and tinker with the 950XL on Fast Ring, but I found swapping sims to be a pain. On production, I actually prefer my 950XL to the Android, despite the app gap. Email and calendar management are critical for me and W10M is miles ahead of Android on that front.

I actually just did the opposite. I went from Production to Fast ring on my 950XL. So far, it isn't that bad. Better than I thought it would be. I just wish the device would not get so hot all the time. Other than that, no issues that are major for me. I went from Windows to Android and then back to Windows again. I need the email and calendar management, like you, and I also do not like the Android OS widgets or slow OS updates from the device manufacturers either.

If I can't get on with Android, I'll probably pick up a 950XL at some point, but I want to give Android a fair go first. As for Insider vs Production, overall I've had a better experience with the fast-ring than I did on Production. And the current fast-ring build seems pretty good, apart from the breaking of Alphajax.

I also just could not get on with Android. I cannot get on with iOS that well either. The notification system is just a mess. I am hoping my 950XL, now on the latest Fast Ring build, will settle down and so it won't be so hot all the time.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, fast ring, build 15025

Can someone here please explain when the glance screen is supposed to activate? I have done a lot of reading and all I have found is how to configure it.

Many builds ago, simply picking the phone up or taking it our of your pocket would activate the glance screen, same as on Android. I'm not sure if it was motion or the prox sensor that triggered it, but it was very handy..... just pick the phone up and glance activated and showed you any notifications. But one of those builds seems to have deleted that feature and now it only activates for the configured tine interval after the phone is locked. I thought the whole purpose of the glance screen was to be able to see notifications without unlocking the phone.... just pick it up. Am I missing something?

EDIT....
My bad.... turns out the prox sensor still activates glance. But I could swear that it used to activate on motion as well.

Paul

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problems on Android with Notifications, Email, Calendars and Contacts - what a mess they are. Found a bunch of decent 3rd party apps to improve matters but have never had to worry about these on W10M. (iOS and Exchange email? Forget it)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
May check it out once I get my 950 back. Was having major shutdown problems with it and figured out it was the battery. Went through 2 replacement 950's and talked to customer care and since they have NO 950 batteries, they're gonna send me a new phone that's out of warranty and waived shipping charges. Dunno how many times I wanted to bash that phone but clean slate.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have left some new feedback on the m feed back hub Lumia 650.
1. Turn on phone, with it locked pull down the notification shade. mine only the quick actions come down, none of the notifications.
if phone is unlocked it works fine...........

2. calendar live tile has appeared to work but I noticed today with many appointments that it only shows the first event.
I am using the medium tile, restarting phone makes no change.

3. I also had problem this morning reading a web page that I wanted to share. When I clicked the share icon it brought up choices, like text, email etc. When I clicked outlook mail nothing would happen.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT, build 15025

Several issues....

1. After updating, a guitar tuner app I use failed to connect to the audio system. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but the re-install failed with an error and then could not be restarted until I did a battery pull. It then installed and worked.

2. Checking for updates stalled with the spinning dots until I rebooted. Did this repeatedly, even after a battery pull. I finally resorted to a FDR which resolved it.

3. Today I noticed that I received a text but never heard the notification tone. When I checked to see if the volume had been turned down, I found there was no ringtone / notification sound volume slider at all. Rebooting restored it.

4. After I rebooted and restored the volume slider, I got a pop up from the feedback hub asking if I would recommend this build. The vibrator ran to indicate the popup.... and continued running continuously for 15-30 seconds. Needless to say, my answer to the question was NO.

I wrote a rant that was to go here, but deleted it. This is after all still beta software. But I have to say that I have yet to see a preview build that comes even close to being a genuine release candidate.

Paul

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So, day 2 of the latest FR build on 950Xl with single SIM.

1 - My alarm didn't go off. I tested it by creating a new alarm and that worked. I deleted my old alarm and re-added it and posted feedback on Feedback Hub.

2 - The device has cooled down considerably and is no longer warm to the touch.

3 - When you try the new reset apps option, for me, it failed and said to try again later - feedback added.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Second time this happened since this release: this morning when I woke up my 950XL was on the wireless charger, burning hot, with 20% battery left. A notification was open, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Some process seems to be able to drain the battery faster than the Qi charger can compensate for. Scary.

Thankfully quickcharge could do its magic before I left for work. :)

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Installing the build went smooth on my 735, but I'm still waiting for an update to the Camera app to fix all the features that are kept on auto. It's like the only thing you can change are the flash and zoom. Anyone got a reply from MS on this issue?

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi -
I was having issues with Skype preview on 15025 and uninstalled it. When installing it again, I am now stuck at version 11.8.204.0. Any ideas on how to have update to the more current version?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
SUPER SLOW DL. Anybody else?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I reset the phone. I'm blocked in slow ring, unable to downlaod again, it stops at 50
Sheessh!!! THAT sucks!!! MS shouldn't do that to people who have helped so much. :shocked:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle