Windows 8 adoption rate reportedly worse than Vista

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No insults taken at all (where's the thumbs up icon on tapatalk?)

The frustration you deal with, from people that won't even attempt to navigate "start - control panel .... " is a little different than what I'm on about:

The person with a fresh w8 install has no clues where to "start". Experience with past os's isn't going to help them other than "guess I need to start clicking around and experiment".

Luckily, you get told that while it initializes the OS.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Not switching to Windows 8 any time soon unfortunately..
I've had many bad experiences with Windows before, and even though I do have a WP8 and LOVE it, I kinda dont wanna ruin the good streak I have going on with Windows 7...
plus my computer isnt touchscreen..I'm deff considered part of the late majority or even Lagger when it comes to technology, I dont find the need right now to invest time, money or energy into familiarizing myself with a new OS when like they say "If it aint broken, dont fix it!"

I can understand this point of view. Even though I bought a Windows 8 touchscreen laptop and I really like Windows 8 the more I use it, I didn't seriously considering upgrading my desktop and other laptop, both of which have Windows 7 (pre-installed in both cases), up to Windows 8 even at $40/per computer. I like Windows 8 more than Windows 7, but it's not like I don't also like Windows 7. If I had Vista or XP on one or both of those computers, I might have felt differently.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't upgraded my laptop since the Core 2 Duo generation. There's no reason to upgrade, my laptop runs Chrome, Word and Excel. I don't need it to do anything more than that.

Probably completely off topic but that's what I use also. I'm sure my computer could be much more efficient but as it stands it handles music, movies, browsing and gaming just fine. Obviously I do't play the latest games.

As for Windows 8 sales. As soon as I saw here at wpcentral that the 39.99 was coming to an end within 24 hours, I bought my upgrade license immediately. Someone above said that MS should have advertised the deal it a bit more...I agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss