Windows Central PC picture upload not working, what could I be doing wrong?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Windows Central PC picture upload not working

I cant seem to upload pictures from my PC to my WC posts.

When posting something, I click the picture icon, select browse, select my image, and then I am left with a box that shows my image location next to the browse button. From here I can either close the box or browse for another image, but how do I add the image I selected to my post? Closing the box does just that and nothing more

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Central PC picture upload not working

Do you have screenshots of what you're trying to describe? In my browser (Chrome), I just click on the picture icon, click on "Select Files" then I'll be brought to my Pictures folder, select a photo then I'll be brought back to the previous dialogue where I have the option to finally upload the photos.

Try clearing the internet cache of your browser (just the cache first, not the browsing history). If that doesn't work, trying clearing out the cookies as well... and then finally the browsing history.

You could also try using a different browser.

Let us know what you find.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Central PC picture upload not working

Do you have screenshots of what you're trying to describe? In my browser (Chrome), I just click on the picture icon, click on "Select Files" then I'll be brought to my Pictures folder, select a photo then I'll be brought back to the previous dialogue where I have the option to finally upload the photos.

Try clearing the internet cache of your browser (just the cache first, not the browsing history). If that doesn't work, trying clearing out the cookies as well... and then finally the browsing history.

You could also try using a different browser.

Let us know what you find.

My dialogue box simply shows me the browse button, and the "X" button to close it. I don't have an "upload" button. I can screenshot it, but I can't of course show you it because I can't upload it.. I tried clearing my data in IE (which is what i regularly use), but it did not work. I also tried it in Chrome and did not see an upload button either

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-06-09-14-35-41.jpg

Are you not seeing this? I am using Chrome on an Android tablet, but I've just uploaded an image. I tapped upload after selecting the file, and here it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-07-01-31-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-07-01-31-30.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 106193

Are you not seeing this? I am using Chrome on an Android tablet, but I've just uploaded an image. I tapped upload after selecting the file, and here it is.

Ohhhh!! Thank you so much! I'm seeing exactly what you posted in the first photo.

I didn't know that the words "upload" were a button.

Stupid me :grincry:

Usually buttons have some sort of border around them or at least be highlighted to differentiate itself from a blank canvas

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh!! Thank you so much! I'm seeing exactly what you posted in the first photo.

I didn't know that the words "upload" were a button.

Stupid me :grincry:
Yes, you have to click upload if you're using a mouse, or tap upload if you're using a tablet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss