Windows Mango OS / BB 7.0

What platform did you come from?

• Total voters

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry makes the best physical keyboards, which matters a lot to a large percentage of the market.

I can type on glass. I've been typing on glass for nearly 3 years now using an iPhone as my daily, however I have missed the feeling of real keys, and that is why I am looking to get a phone with a physical keyboard. In regards to the vibration, Windows phone has no vibration feedback, just audible feedback. I am personally not a fan of Swype, but I know of a lot of people who love it, so to each his own.

You say you almost become flawless at typing virtually, go ahead and turn off auto-correction and see how accurately you type; my guess is it won't be very good at all. With a physical keyboard, you don't have to use auto-correct to type well, although you do have the option to turn it on.

A phone is a very personal decision, you have to choose what works best for you, and for many people a virtual keyboard is not best for them.

I've had a Bold 9700 for 2 years and I can tell you I have had more cramps, more mistypes because I want to type fast but the buttons are so close together that you accidentally hit the next button, and I have had more accidental hits using it than any other keyboard. I've heard the Bold 9000 was a great keyboard, but after that I am pretty sure they have gone downhill. And also I have taken off auto-correct on a virtual keyboard and typed and have done less screwups than my Bold. The fastest typing has been done on virtual keyboards vs physical ones.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I choose iPhone, BlackBerry and Other (Windows Phone and Android)... haven't used windows mobile in ages ;)

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Bold 9700 for 2 years and I can tell you I have had more cramps, more mistypes because I want to type fast but the buttons are so close together that you accidentally hit the next button, and I have had more accidental hits using it than any other keyboard. I've heard the Bold 9000 was a great keyboard, but after that I am pretty sure they have gone downhill. And also I have taken off auto-correct on a virtual keyboard and typed and have done less screwups than my Bold. The fastest typing has been done on virtual keyboards vs physical ones.

I actually ended up getting the Bold 9900 today instead of the Focus S. WOW. This keyboard is incredible. I've been typing on glass for 3 years now, and this keyboard just screams quality. I can type quickly, and accurately on it.

I saw a few people in the store today getting the Focus S as well. I'm taking the 9900 on a test drive right now, so I have 30 days to return it if I decide I don't like it and exchange it for a Focus S or a 4S.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually ended up getting the Bold 9900 today instead of the Focus S. WOW. This keyboard is incredible. I've been typing on glass for 3 years now, and this keyboard just screams quality. I can type quickly, and accurately on it.

I saw a few people in the store today getting the Focus S as well. I'm taking the 9900 on a test drive right now, so I have 30 days to return it if I decide I don't like it and exchange it for a Focus S or a 4S.

The Bold 9900 brought back the wide body style of the Bold 9000, which like I said is what I heard was the better keyboard.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Bold 9900 brought back the wide body style of the Bold 9000, which like I said is what I heard was the better keyboard.

This is true. They brought back the size of the 9000's keyboard, and improved upon it's quality. It really is a stellar keyboard, I look forward to replying to texts, BBM's, emails, anything that lets me use the keyboard.

The 9900 for me is mainly a hold-over until Nokia devices hit US shores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS