Windows Phone fastest growing mobile OS of 2012?

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This pace will slow down. Its just the numbers game. It becomes much harder to have this type of growth on you get established.

If these statistics meant anything that'd be true, but they don't and this is a false numbers game. These numbers include tablets so it's iPads, Galaxy Tabs and Nexus 7's and all the rest. Then there's use case, tablets especially, people on iOS and Android using their tablets instead of a desktop. That's purely web browsing so going to massively skew these numbers. So really bothering about how much mobile browsing is going on is not a useful statistic. It's fine to compare iOS to Android cos they are similar systems, but none of the other OS's work the same way.

As for people getting excited by the 289%, that's misleading as well. Growing .8% is barely statistically relevant. But at least it is growth.

The only useful stats are for mobile (only, no tablets) market share. Last numbers I saw for that were for November saying about 5% which is a healthy statistic and as MS and Nokia ramp up (and sort out some bugs - software, hardware, advertising, ecosystem, integration) I fully expect them to make it to 10% by the summer, let alone year end. Also the news that Samsung is bringing out multiple Tizen devices this year is another show that Android is in trouble.

I've had my 920 for a week and it's not perfect, but that's mostly down to WP, as a piece of hardware it's better than any phone out there (though I'd like it a little lighter). Once Nokia fix the stability issues and ramp up production I expect to see growth for WP accelarate, not decline.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No no no. It will grown, just not at the 289% rate. So that rate WILL decline. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just means more phones are in the hands of customers. Its will become tougher and tougher to grow at that rate. Unless OEMs are going to give phones away with every gallon of gas you buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose