Windows Phone's Future

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I basically just wanted to see something to look forward to! Currently Microsoft isn't giving information about any upcoming releases, other than non-special phones.
Plus, I feel getting rid of the Asha and S40 and MixRadio were not theirs to get rid of
It's like a step father sending his wife's children to military camp after they got married.

Well there's always been rumours but it's not like Nokia ever confirmed what was coming next. Sure the McLaren sounded cool, but it could have been all gimmicks. It's not like people are going wild about the Amazon Fire Phone or Samsung's hands' free eye movement stuff (forget the name of it even). I still expect a sequel to the 1020, hopefully they can build in the Pelican multi-lens technology and have the next imaging revolution, but even if we just get a spec bump it'd be a tempting upgrade. I'm sure most 1020 users would love it to be a bit thinner, faster, lighter and many people put off by the girth of the 1020 would consider it. Sometimes it's not the big leaps, but the small steps that make the difference.

Getting rid of Asha makes sense in that they can then get millions more people into Windows Phone, but without some really cheap, long lasting devices, and something with keypads I don't see people in developing markets going for a smartphone. For some people having a phone that lasts all week is way more important than checking Facebook (which they probably don't use). If they can bring out a 3" WP device with a physical keyboard and week long battery then fair enough to kill Asha and concentrate on WP, but if they don't give people that option then they are handing the market to Samsung. But yeah seems wrong to buy Nokia and then ditch so much of it.

MixRadio, well perhaps it'll do best spun-off. It probably would have been too much work to build it into Xbox Music and this way it can be built out onto Android and iOS and have a chance to do better. At least it's not being cancelled.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Who knows where it will go. At my employer (bank), we only have corporate issued BlackBerry 10s. Under the BYOD, iPhone is approved. Samsung Android devices are currently being tested. No WP8 on the list.

Posted via the WPC App for Android on BlackBerry Z30

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Who knows where it will go. At my employer (bank), we only have corporate issued BlackBerry 10s. Under the BYOD, iPhone is approved. Samsung Android devices are currently being tested. No WP8 on the list.

Just bring your windows phone 8.1 and be like android, iphone ***** please, I got a windows phone, deal with it! (Puts on Sunglasses)

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Just bring your windows phone 8.1 and be like android, iphone ***** please, I got a windows phone, deal with it! (Puts on Sunglasses)

Ha...im just grateful that we are finally upgrading our Windows XP laptops to Win7 this fall. Moving at the speed of molasses.

RyotoKai

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
If you look carefully into the app store deal and look up a couple sites you may find that a lot of the apps on apple are just neglected, about 80% and with that, since there are 1.2 million apps in that app store, and very few apps can be downloaded outside of it (I found at least 30 at most no jailbreak), it would be that a little more than 200,000 of those apps actually matter, and even though it is a number comparable to the amount of apps in wp store in general, it means that apple's store itself isn't truly as big as they say it is. Also, as this os improves, and more apps enter apple's store, more will slowly but surely turn away from ios to android and wp and the new guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes