Wireless charging issues for Lumia 1020, how can I fix them?

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
wireless charging issues for lumia 1020

It is very difficult to connect the 1020 with wirless charging cover to the wireless charging pillow (DT -901), sometimes it connects easily, but unfortunately most of the times it does't. I don't know if the problem is related to the wireless charger or to the cover or to the phone. Any help please?
Note: I am using the wireless charger as the only source of power for my phone since the ordinary charger have problems

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: wireless charging issues for lumia 1020

It depends on placement on phone, the charger inside the pillow is quite small, eventually you will find the right way to lay the phone down

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: wireless charging issues for lumia 1020

It is not a matter of placement, the charger used to work very well, but lately the issue started, with or without the pillow, in every possible position, the problem is same. Sometimes the phone is placed on the charger and it is not connected, sudenly it connects alone (without even touching it).

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have thi problem also, but I learned the fix (at least for my phone.) The issue lies with the placement of the shell on the back of the phone. I've found that if I position the shell slightly higher up the back of the phone it charges fine. Positioning it this way seems to make the pins form a better connection with the plates on the back of the phone. Don't go too hard in pushing the shell (slightly) up, as going too far might break the pins.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
After a while I've found I need to clean the copper contacts *on the phone* which the charging shell connects to. I had to resort to scratching them with the tip of a fork to clean off accumulated crud which had stopped the shell from working. Now it works a treat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)