WP 8.1 final?

firehawk_1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 1020 (UK) and have had WP 8.1 preview for developers for a while now. almost a year with all the latest builds/updates. It has cortana too.
I am wondering when is this going to be RTM? I have a lumia 635 too and a lumia 930 and they both have the normal WP8.1 (no dev preview...just straight out of the box).

am I missing something?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope... You're already using final, so to say. :) The last things not available officially - like live folders - are added with Denim. That's at least what I've been told. I have yet to receive denim.

firehawk_1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Great - good to know. thanks! I have also yet to receive the Denim update.

I do have recent problems with the backup functionality though. I even responded to the backup issues thread but no response :( I would like to backup my phone - just in case!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Great - good to know. thanks! I have also yet to receive the Denim update.

I do have recent problems with the backup functionality though. I even responded to the backup issues thread but no response :( I would like to backup my phone - just in case!

There's no need to do so. At least not in regards to updates. They perform an "on-device backup". If you want to make a backup just in case anything might happen otherwise to your device or you're planning a hard reset, than just go to:

settings -> backup -> apps & settings -> backup now

If that doesn't work and it gives you an error, you might want to tap on "manage backups" and delete the older ones. After that you should be able to make a new one.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
tried all that my friend but still get the error.

Out of ideas then, sorry. You shouldn't worry too much about it though. Even if it turns out you lost everything, what is it really then? In the end it's just a loss of time, nothing more, nothing less. It'll take some time to download and setup all your apps and games again. You may even have lost game progress. But I wouldn't even bother considering this something significant. When it comes to pictures, videos or whatever you've created with your device, it's always better to make backups on your own (like connect to a computer and copy things over).

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Denim and 8.1 are always mixed up.

Black/Cyan/Denim/... = Firmware only, Lumia hardware only. Has nothing to do with what you see on the screen. Firmware is comparable to BIOS in the good old PC days.
Win 8.1 = If you have DP you have the folder functionality. The 930 also has it as the latest 8.1 was pushed to it as regular update. Re. the I do not know which 8.1 version it has. If you like the folders, worst case activate it for DP and you will have the latest software gimmicks.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Denim and 8.1 are always mixed up.

Black/Cyan/Denim/... = Firmware only, Lumia hardware only. Has nothing to do with what you see on the screen. Firmware is comparable to BIOS in the good old PC days.
Win 8.1 = If you have DP you have the folder functionality. The 930 also has it as the latest 8.1 was pushed to it as regular update. Re. the I do not know which 8.1 version it has. If you like the folders, worst case activate it for DP and you will have the latest software gimmicks.

I may be wrong on this, but I remember having read somewhere that live folders (as a small OS update) and Denim come bundled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon