[WP 8.1] RD File Manager. Manage your file remotely using web browser.

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I want to introduce you to my new app. Yes ... Another file manager app. With additional features which enabled users to remotely manage their files using web browser on their PC.

You can get the app here ... or by scanning this QR code:
store-qr-codes.png

As file manager, this app is able to rename, delete, copy and move files and folders. The UI is straightforward enough so it should be easy to understand.

wp_ss_20150225_0001.png wp_ss_20150225_0002.png

When the Wifi File Manager switch is ON, users can connect to IP address mentioned in the app. It will looks like this one:
listing-root.png
Do you notice the similarity between this web page and the root folder on the app? Yes, other than adding folder references to root folder, user can do basically anything the app can do using their PC's web browser.

Users can create new folders ... as long as it not reside on root folders (because it's not actually a folder, but a common place where we put the folder references). Here is the example:
new-folder.png

Users can select any items to show any related operation. Here are some hints:
  • When selecting one and only one item, "Rename" option shown.
  • As long as any item selected (one or many), "Copy" and "Delete" are shown.
  • When user click "Copy", the selections mark will be cleared and the app take notes on previously selected items. At this point, "Paste", "Move", and "Cancel Copy" are shown. In this state, after navigating to other folder, users can select either "Paste" or "Move", to do the actual file operations, which will clear the selected file references attained on "Copy".
copy-menu.png

Now, for the interesting part ... User can download the files. This means copying files from phones to PC (or any client running the web browser accessing the aforementioned IP address). Just click or tap the file name and download request will be fired.
downloading.png

Just that? No. The file transfer are actually two way transfer. Users can also upload files to their phone using the "Upload" menu. Here's the example:
uploading.png

I have not tested on giga-sized files yet since it's would be takes a very long time to complete. But within 10 to 80MB are doable, albeit takes longer times compared to small files. For big files, I still suggest using USB cable though, since it will be significantly faster.

Well ... That sums up on the app capability. The file management function within the app are free (and ad based). While the remote management are based on USD 0.99 via in-app purchase. Lite version (where users didn't purchase the full version) can only listing files so they can take a look on how the UI looks like on a browser.

My future plans are adding cloud storage access like OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. When this cloud storage features are added, I will rise the full version price to USD 1.49. Note that this features (future cloud storage support) are covered with purchased "Full Version" package (hence the package name is Full Version). Therefore, anyone who buy the full version at USD 0.99 (and all region variant of this same level) WILL also get the cloud storages. Consider this as a thank you for became early adopters.

Lite version will accept the same treatment which is they can login and listing files.

Thanks for any attention given to this post. Any critics and suggestions are very welcomed. You can post it here, contact me using PM, or using the feedback button on the app settings. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Kurotsuki of Radical Dreamers

Last edited:

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm updating the app for http server improvement. Within this update, I also add a feature that allow paid users to send selected files as attachments. I also add adduplex as one of ad providers as marketing purposes. Hopefully, this help the app marketing a little.

Oh, and ... for up to next 6 hours (either 6 hours are run out or certain number are reached), I've made the full version free. If you DO purchase it (at 0 price), by any means, please leave reviews and feedback. And spread the words about this app. More users will entice me to put more effort at this app.

Thank you,

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello again,
I'm updating my app to 1.2.0.0. This update brings OneDrive integration to the app. User now can manage their OneDrive files seamlessly such as copy-paste between local and OneDrive is now possible (via download and upload API). This feature is accessible for paid users (those who bought the Full Version via IAP).

The only limitation is that user cannot copy folder within OneDrive because I'm still using the old API for just this copy file function. I've posted the issue on the developer private forums but alas no one stumbled on the same issue so I still cannot figure it out.

Thank you,

AngelFP

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting app! The problem, at least for me, is that accessing the phone storage over wifi is very slow. Or maybe it never finishes loading because I haven't purchased the full version :grincry: .

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it kinda unstable right now. Sometimes it fast and sometimes it slow and stuck at loading phase. For my reference, what browser did you use to open the address?

I'm sure it's not because you haven't purchase the full version. The full version only opens up the management features in term of wifi sharing option. Lite version should still able to turn on the wifi sharing and listing files (and browsing into subfolders) to let users know how is the wifi sharing feature look and feel.

For these past weeks, I've been busy with OneDrive integration. After I published it yesterday, now I will be back to tunning the http server and looking at why it behave like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro