WP8.1 : Features you want the most

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: One Feature you would want the most to have?

I'd like to see something like LG and Samsung smart stay, split screen multi tasking would be nice too and a better integrated/interface with the copy & paste.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

All the Zune features. All of them. Microsoft innovated, I'm sure they can repeat the effort.

Robot_Man

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Better multitasking, no more "resuming ...", fast app switching like iOS. Switching between What's app, Viber and Line, takes for ever and really annoying.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
4k Video

4k Video recording capability.

The hardware of new phone, including my Lumia 1520, are capable of handling 4k video, but the OS and Apps need to catch up and support 4K video too.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

to get notified of emails even if the subfolder is not pinned to your start.

links to open the respective app and not the browser.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

I have a few:
1. Talk time in call history.
2. Wifi icon in notification bar to show current signal strength (instead of full signal icon all the time.)
3. Separate screen timeout settings for charging and on battery.
4. Windows button long press to bring up Action Center (since Cortana is on Search button long press now.) Would be helpful in fullscreen applications where notification bar is hidden.
5. Back button double tap to kill current app instead of keeping it in background.
6. Color Call button Green and End button red. I've seen people searching for a red button when they wanna end a call, because my theme color is green.
7. Bypass lock screen if phone unlocked within 5 seconds of screen timeout.
8. Provide an X button on music control. (Stop music.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

It would be really helpful if Nokia/MS considers the option of "ONLY 3G" under network settings. My carriers 3g is weak which makes the phone dance between 2g and 3g always on auto mode. Also Native video calling would be great, my carrier provides free minutes of video calling on combo recharges which is being wasted :\

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Music tile with skip play and pause, hitting the volume rocker every time you want to change a track gets old, I know there's an app for that but it doesn't work all that well.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

A feature increased Music app. With a UI that looks closer to the Xbox Music for windows 8.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

One other small thing, but predictive dialing based on past numbers would be helpful. One thing I miss from android was how I could just start dialing and the contact would pop up and I could hit send.

I know all of these things only amount to a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but that's how our brains are wired.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

One other small thing, but predictive dialing based on past numbers would be helpful. One thing I miss from android was how I could just start dialing and the contact would pop up and I could hit send.

I know all of these things only amount to a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but that's how our brains are wired.

I agree android had very deep contacts integration and would like to see the same with wp

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi All

What feature would you want the most I put my example below:

So the feature I would love to have is a split screen for WP8.1.

This is how I would use it I take alot of notes for studying so I would have OneNote open then have a split screen for internet browser, amazon kindle, YouTube etc which would make it easier for me instead of switch back and forth apps.

Additional given an option to resize the size of the two app so one can be more longer or wider.

I do this alot of this on my surface 2 and would love it on my phone that would be my outstanding feature.

What about everyone else?

YES!!! This would be the feature I would want over this Voice Assistant or Notification Centre or even the Quick Settings thing. Actually, I don't think there's a single 8.1 feature that I would want over this.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

try and find an app called people search.
it does exactly what u want. it index all ur contact data, including contacts from all accounts, i.e. phone, facebook, twitter (all those configured in ur phone) and then the search is available for any search area. just press dialpad keys (own number keypad), u get the desired result.
using that app since begining.
plus, its free. (it shows splash screen once a day, i dont know. mine is paid.)
if u r unable to find, let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254