WP8.1 : Features you want the most

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

Saving videos from FB or any website to phone that can be used in SMS chats when posting vids,pics or even music. I would also love the ability to send music via sms services and not only through NFC as not every phone has NFC.

Last edited:

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Why b@#$* about something that's really only in infancy??? WP8.1 is being released worldwide now before yr's end with any additional updates to COMPLETE the OS so that come 2015 there will be 3 main OSes in competition on a very level playing field as the only choices between devices would be the HARDWARE and not the SOFTWARE as all 3 would provide the EXACT same features from notification centers to personalized lock screens to personalized home screens and almost identical music and video playback. What would be the deal breaker is which Hardware provider offers the best battery per OS longevity usage. So stop acting as though you don't know the WP8.1 is not a completed OS even when you get it now as they're saying at least 2 more OS updates are to be released before year end to complete the WP 8.1 experience before jumping to WP 9 or "Threshold" as it may be called.

scallawag

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: One Feature you would want the most to have?

A WP 8.1 Icon on AT&T.

And options of other keyboard layouts.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with the listings of improvements.
I would like a option to use other keyboards also. But I like the keyboard and just wish it had a better user dictionary. On android I used a keyboard that would let me put email address and even my complete home address in the user library. I am also pleased with 8.1

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Ability to print from my phone, all of the others have this ability why not MS. I need to wirelessly print to my Laser Printer. So important.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
- Ability to sort the app list
- Ability to search for any setting & content through Cortana
- Make the 1st party apps 1000% better

Allicit

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

All the Zune features. All of them. Microsoft innovated, I'm sure they can repeat the effort.

110% agree with you. Microsoft really created something innovative and ground breaking with the original Zune UI and that translated into WP7. With continued releases things have improved in certain areas with features added over time, unfortunately 8.1 has also brought with it a host of glaring omissions, even worse destruction of the hubs paradigm, a move away from integration and overall a real push away from the real DNA of the whole WP idea. Even the beautiful aesthetics have been compromised with each successive release. WP is becoming a twin of Android and it's most certainly losing it's real point of difference. It's really made me question the relevance of the WP now. If they can repeat the effort they are surely showing they have no idea and are driving the entire OS in the wrong direction.

Allicit

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
A new ME Hub where

1. Post social network update, chat status, and check in. Same as wp8

2. It shows my day activity, and calendar week preview.

3. Customizable avatar

4. My data. My,biodata plus government system numbers (health, education, housing etc), bank card/account numbers, and all those with numbers hard to memorize including some phone numbers for business, work, or secondary personal lines.

5. A quick view of my fitness/ health

6. A quick view of my financial status

and another thing to have the option to copy all. Kinda dreaming of a ctrl option on my keyboard then i could just use some commands.

If only, I still can't believe what they have done to the me hub ... total destruction. It needs to be brought back with full integration and functionality of WP8. Some prefer it over the notification centre, which is still requires vast improvement (feels unfinished, lacks good styling and lacks functionality).

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Ability to interact with toasts and notifications, just by tapping on a toast to reply a message or maybe when you receive a whatsapp toast just by tapping on it it shows you a window to reply the message without leaving the current app you're running, then if you missed the toast, you can just draw down the notification center just to achieve the same aim as with the toast

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire