WP8.1 : Features you want the most

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to be able to have my headphones plugged in or Bluetooth headset on and have Cortland read an incoming text to me and be able to respond back without having to touch the phone. So far the iPhone and Sir are the only ones that do it out of the box. You would think with the heavy emphasis on not using your cell while driving this would be a feature they would all add.

As it stands now Fortuna alerts you that you got a text but you can't have her read it then to respond you have to hit the search button to have her send a text.

Prior to installing the 8.1 Dev Preview, I was able to do exactly what you describe via BT in my car. Since installing the Dev Preview, Cortana gets cut off midway through the alert, so I never get to hear the message, much less reply. Hopefully they get it ironed out.

On a related note, I would love an addition to Driving Mode: the option to disable the PIN lock while in DM.

lateofN8

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Send/ receive any attachment in email.

IE 11 file downloads.The option to hide the browser navigation bar.

USB OTG support.

Access to the equalizer inside the Music app; this is how Nokia Mix radio is set up.

Alarm and event snooze times full customization.

Choice to enable phone-only storage of contact and calendar information.

Phone dialer-start spelling a contact name on the dialer pad and have matching contacts pop up as you complete the name.

midix

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to be able to have my headphones plugged in or Bluetooth headset on and have Cortland read an incoming text to me and be able to respond back without having to touch the phone. So far the iPhone and Sir are the only ones that do it out of the box. You would think with the heavy emphasis on not using your cell while driving this would be a feature they would all add.

As it stands now Fortuna alerts you that you got a text but you can't have her read it then to respond you have to hit the search button to have her send a text.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cortland!? lol

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I did a search so I don't think it is in here (didn't read all 12 pages), but I would like to see repeat notifications. I would like to have the option to have notifications (sms, calendar alerts, reminders) repeat with the option of 1, 2, or 3 repeats. Just a minor thing but it seems to work well with the iPhone.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would add a second option that I would like to see (might be there but not sure where). The option to snooze the calendar to 0 minutes before the appointment. I get the option for 5 minutes or 10 minutes but my first alert is for 15 minutes so I have to snooze 2 times to get it to 0 minutes. I know I could probably setup my original meeting notice for a 10 minute reminder instead of 15 minutes but most of my meeting from others have it default to 15 minutes.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Location copy or sharing

When I search for a location, I'd like to be able to click and hold to copy the address -OR- use "sharing" to add it as the location field for a calendar or task event.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this already exists, but the ability to choose the primary data connection. For instance, have the phone connect to WiFi first, and if no WiFi, then cellular. My phone seems to get confused when connected to both. I'm constantly having to turn one of those off.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this already exists, but the ability to choose the primary data connection. For instance, have the phone connect to WiFi first, and if no WiFi, then cellular. My phone seems to get confused when connected to both. I'm constantly having to turn one of those off.
Sounds like an issue with your phone, that behaviour was already implement in 8.0 and has been improved upon on 8.1 :p.
In 8.1 the system tray is now persistent for cellular reception, Wi Fi and Data Connections, when Wi Fi is being used the Wi Fi icon displays next to the cellular reception however if data is being used either LTE, 4G, H+, 3.5G, H, 3G, Edge etc will be displayed depending on the speed and connection type in use (the icon shown varies from provider to provider).

Lastly if both Wi Fi and Data are connected, Wi Fi takes priority and everything connects via Wi Fi.

In terms of features, I want landscape support for the start screen and through out the O/S then maybe we will see the return of landscape qwerty keyboard phones. If windows phone is to grow they need to cater to all users and that includes physical keyboard users.

Shamrock

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I think building a universal theme system a la Windows would be amazing. Think about it. If WP had themes, you could download a Halo theme that would replace the system sounds with Halo ones, and the lock screen then changes periodically with new Halo images. The wallpaper on your start screen is replaced by the theme, and your accent color is then similar to your theme. You could do that with so many things, and it would be awesome.

It would be amazing if that happened, and it just makes so much sense to me.

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
ere is what i expect most :

(1)scrloable tiles on noti bar .

(2) easy offline apps (appx.)installing system

(3) file manager .

(4) task manager

(5) orientation mode on startscreenn .

(6) improoved cortana .

(7) side bar system for quick launch on apps .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc .

(9) unique interface with every wndspne .mirosoft will launch every wnds phone with unique design . Like unique types of tiles , keypads, contacs & dialers designs etc .

(10) HID support for keyboards.

(11) multiple lockers . Like pattern, voice , face , password , & some simple but unique lockers like android lockers .

RudraPratap Singh

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 is recently announced with updates in earlier Windows Phone 8.0. I have seen the advance features of this OS i.e. more elaborated calender view, Notification bar with even social media notifications, amazing user friendly experience, temperature and whether feature, Swype Feature (which is removed from Kitkat 4.4). All these features are alluring as compared to Android.

Titanium Claw

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

The ability to set other browsers as the default, the IE in WP8.1 sucks. The ability to navigate the file system. The ability to let the phone go to sleep with out killing facebook uploads. The ability to do NFC with android devices to share files/pics/vids etc. the list could go on and on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000