Xbox One to Windows 10 Game Streaming - What's the Point?

Talal Al Reyami

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The most part I like that I can play co-op with my brother, friends & daughter one using the TV and the other using Surface pro/laptop. We have two Xbox1 one the living room and the second in my office which hooked to my PC 32" screen

Talal Al Reyami

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that you could stream your TV to your Surface pro / laptop because sometimes I love to set out in my garden watching TV while having my coffee

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Your wife is watching TV in the living room. Your XB1 is hooked to the living room TV. You wanna get your Halo on. You stream it to yourtablet/laptop which you connect to the TV in the other room. Instead of having to totally disconnect your Xbox and move it, only to have to move it back later when your wife wants to watch TV in that room. Women ruin everything :'(

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Right - that is exactly how I had thought it worked. Until I realized that you can't do any of that if you already use the Xbox in conjunction with your cable box, which was one of the big advertised features they pushed at launch.

Not sure about your last comment - hope you're being sarcastic...

Appreciate everyone's feedback in this thread. Ultimately it seems to just hinge on whether you set up your system to work with your cable box or not. I'm going to call it a day on this discussion.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Right - that is exactly how I had thought it worked. Until I realized that you can't do any of that if you already use the Xbox in conjunction with your cable box, which was one of the big advertised features they pushed at launch.

Not sure about your last comment - hope you're being sarcastic...

Appreciate everyone's feedback in this thread. Ultimately it seems to just hinge on whether you set up your system to work with your cable box or not. I'm going to call it a day on this discussion.

Don't use the xbox with your cable box then. There's really no benefit to it other than being able to turn off one device and have it shut down the other.

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You can stream tv to any windows 10 device while playing a game on the Xbox. I know it's the other way around but I do that for watching football. I'll have the game stream from my one to my surface while playing destiny

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What I would love if this can do.... VPN on my tablet connected to my Xbox one... Anyone try this ?

Anyway, It's called being lazy, I am in front of my PC, I want to play a game on my Xbox, or the kids are watching another source on that TV, works great for that...

Kevin_Sears

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I've used it several times but I don't have cable so I can see how it's useless to those using their Xbox as a cable box. My wife likes to watch movies and TV shows that we own on DVD so when she takes over the TV I use my PC to play my games.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The only way this becomes useful is if your routing your cable through the Xbox and someone is already suing it to watch tv, and you can then stream the games to a PC while they use the same.xbox to watch tv. As of right now, that cant happen, so they better add an update for this, or it is just plain pointless.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What I would love if this can do.... VPN on my tablet connected to my Xbox one... Anyone try this ?

Anyway, It's called being lazy, I am in front of my PC, I want to play a game on my Xbox, or the kids are watching another source on that TV, works great for that...

I've played around with this using OpenVPN, but havent quite figured it out yet. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb