YAY!! I'm getting Facebook notifications two days after \o/

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Today when I woke up noticed my Facebook tile chokes with notifications from my birthday ( which was TWO days ago). Such an interesting thing after having updates to this app that supposed to make it better. So I just thought to share that with you folks.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
happy belated birthday, I too get notifications way too late. Tried everything but accept it as a problem with WP. Me tile is better for notifications IMO

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After the last beta update, there has been a serious notification delay. My facebook account has been deactivated a couple days now and I am still receiving notifications for it (up to this morning)

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
After the last beta update, there has been a serious notification delay. My facebook account has been deactivated a couple days now and I am still receiving notifications for it (up to this morning)

Seems weard as Updates should make things Better :) .
Started using the ME tile as crash suggested, works fine so far.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still convinces that turning on secure browsing for Facebook, solved 90% of my problems

I've had secure browsing on since before I got my 920 and I've never gotten reliable notifications (and chat doesn't work well!). Why haven't Facebook/Microsoft found this problem yet...

Edit: I just tried changing my notification settings in the beta app from "Toast and tile count" to "Tile count only," and the app crashed. When I opened it again it said there was an error (maybe one that affects push notifications?). I reported the error, hopefully FB/Microsoft fix this.

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh man..dont get me started on this...Last time, a weather app cracked my Me Tile. Had to hard reset my phone. Have stayed away from it since then (there goes my $). This is one thing MS needs to fix NOW.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
happens all the times, so i turned off the notification....

My bing lockscreen dont change anymore these days i dont know why

even within the Facebook app itself, notification will highlight that someone liked or commented on a particular post. but when i clicked that it only goest to the whole profile and not that particular post or comment, funny.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny