Yet another indie developer! :-)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ferdinand and I'm a 24 year old student from southern german. I got onto the windows phone train about a year ago with the Lumia 800 (still a beautiful device..!). These days I'm using whatever Nokia tosses my way, specifically a Lumia 925 and Lumia 920 right now. Wait a second "tosses your way"? What the hell? I have been working on applications for both Windows Phone and Windows 8 and one of the perks of a growing ecosystem is certainly how nicely developers are being treated.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to getting to know people around here! :)

Greetings,
Ferdinand

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral. Always good to see another developer around here. Check out the developer forums when you have a chance and enjoy yourself.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
As long as you don't intend on specializing in fart apps, repackaged eBooks, or making a bunch of launchers that simply pull up mobile IE anyway, then you have my gratitude simply for wanting to better this ecosystem and I wish you luck.

Welcome to WPcentral. For every one A-hole there are many friendly and decent folks who love this platform big time. You should have a relatively good time here.

Have a good one :)

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!

I'd be quite curious to hear your experiences about doing app development for the Windows Phone ecosystem. So far from what I hear (I haven't submitted my own app... yet!), everyone likes it. I mean, I've heard there's a few hitches/niggles here and there (like having to submit a TON of images for various screen sizes/languages), but the general process is quite nice from what I hear.

How'd you manage to get them to throw hardware at you? That's gotta be one heck of a perk. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss