1. Tumblr update with all new features and ability to view likes
2. Swarm (from Foursquare)
3. Instagram with video
4. A decent Music app without the Xbox stuff
5. Official Snapchat with video chat

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
People asking for YouTube app should check out mytube by Ryken apps - excellent YouTube client (even allows you to play audio only and also plays it in the background!!) - Toib is also another good YouTube app.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Mytube is better than the official youtube, official file explorer is coming, use Flashtube for websites with the flashplayer, here maps is just as good as Google maps, only Chrome doesn't have a solution :p

I did not find "Flashtube" ... have you link for it ?

karan701

May 28, 2014
Visit site
1. Youtube
2. Amazon
3. Uber Town Car
4. Snapseed

Needless to say I'd like to see official versions of all these apps, not some cut-rate third-party hacks.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Post 5 or more apps that you wish was developed for the Windows Phone 8.1

My List:
1.TED talks
2. NHL Gamecenter
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Dropbox
5. BBM (Blackberry messenger)

BBM is slated to be launched between the first week of June and the first week of Sept. Things could change though.

shmuntz

May 10, 2012
Visit site
1. Dead Trigger 2
2: Farmville 2: Country Escape
3: XCOM and Portal/HalfLife 2, these exist for Android now but dead Windows mobile platform keeps getting ignored 'cause no one buys mobile devices powered by Windows
4: Replace stupid IE with Chrome or some other quality WebKit browser made by MS not Google, as IE can't force moronic web sites like edmunds.com to switch from mobile layout to desktop layout, and Chrome ALWAYS switches nicely from mobile to desktop version of the site
5. Tentacles. This ubergame existed for WP7 and I loved it when macfags in online forums like YouTube were whining why MS would not port it to iCrap, then MS caved in and ported Tentacles to iCrap. Then Tentacles for WP completely disappeared. Morale of the story: if MS is not THE dumbest software corporation in the world, they are pretty close, judging by how they readily ignore and abandon platforms they just created.

I switched to Android because of MS stupidity and ignoring its own platform but I keep watching WP since it definitely has potential.

Last edited:

Shawn Recupido

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I need a really good podcast app. Part of the whole reason I ordered a 520 was to use as a media player. I have pocketcasts on my s3 but, I don't want to use my phone as my media player because frankly I'm clumbsy but, refuse to put an ugly case on my phone. So until I get something on par with pocketcasts with variable speed I guess I'm sticking to gpodder desktop client and my sansa clip for podcasts. Also an official dropbox client would be great where I could save files to my phone without needing an app to open them installed on the phone first. Going to keep the 520 though for basic functions and when I eventually get a xbox one I'm sure there will be some integration.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna sound like a stuck record, but here goes:

Official YouTube app
Official Facebook app
An up to date official Flickr app
Sonos Controller
HSBC Banking UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads