Outlook Messaging: "Error Synchronizing" when downloading email.

sml_blok

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Help!

Has anyone experienced this problem?:

1. someone sends me an appointment from their HTC Touch(i'm added as an attendee), which comes as an attachment to an email.
2. I click send/receive in outlook
3. it says: connecting..., then Logging in..., then looking for changes..., then Receiving 1 of 1, then Disconnecting..., then "Error Synchronizing"

The email is not downloaded to my HTC touch, and it's still showing on the server(seen through webmail access) It seems to happen when I have more than one invite in my inbox(on the server), and I am unable to download any emails until I delete all the meeting requests from the webserver...

I'm using my own site's webmail, so is the person who sent me the invite.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

/sml_blok

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
You're using a full activesync / exchange on your touch (instead of imap access)?

Sadly, my first intuition would be to delete the mail account on your Touch and set it up again anew.

llombardo

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
similar situation

I also am experiencing the same problem as in the originally posted note.

What is different is that that my account settings for my Outlook email are no longer accessible for me to view/change.

I do not know if it was a coincidence or not, but I started to experiience the problem after updating my smartphone with my new password that was recently changed on the domain.

There was one successful download and synchronizing of folders after the password was updated. And then the problem has started.

When I select my outlook email account and use the menu to get to options, I no longer see the outlook email account listed. I only see POP3 and Text Message. the values are there some where, since when I force a send/receive I see the activity of connecting, downloading, and synchronizing.

I deleted unneeded large items from the phone thinking that the problems synchronizing had to do with space on the phone. That did not make a difference.

Lisa

scotno

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Touch Pro and WM6.1 - Error Synchronizing email accounts

it seems like it's a problem with WM6.1, as I know my settings are correct, but nothing works... :hmm:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac