02-14-2014 08:22 PM
47 12
tools
    What part of " I'm not supporting a company that can't get a phone in my hand in a timely fashion. " don't you understand? It's my money and I don't play seconds. They can sell it those people who are interested but I'm not one of those people. That's the risk they take when they make customers wait. You can lose the sale. Same thing with a grocery store without enough cashiers.
    ok. You gonna be waiting. Thanks for answering my questions.
    01-16-2014 04:45 PM
    Retail in March? Yeah sure lol! This phone won't see the light of day until at least the end of summer.
    01-16-2014 05:19 PM
    You can get a Nokia Lumia 1520 brand new on ebay for 388 delivered. Any colour and open to any network.
    Ok. So my original post was a little provocative and yes, if you wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting.

But where are these <400 1520s you speak of? Non uk supplied and you're likely to get hit with customs.

Nokia are marketing this phone appallingly in the UK... Especially as a sim free option.
    01-16-2014 10:07 PM
    lol when I stopped reading when I saw 2k screen lol
    01-16-2014 11:16 PM
    Ok. So my original post was a little provocative and yes, if you wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting.

But where are these <400 1520s you speak of? Non uk supplied and you're likely to get hit with customs.

Nokia are marketing this phone appallingly in the UK... Especially as a sim free option.
    Hey, Im in the same boat as you. It has not yet been released in Sweden. I first looked at Ebay in UK and Germany (to avoid customs) but the prices was to high.
    Ive just bought this one from the US and the price after customs is still going to be 17% lower then Swedish retail and I get it in red (not sold here at all). The seller allso asked me what I wanted the price on the box to be, I didnt go bananas and wrote it down by 150 dollars (so it will seem belivable). Then where talking 25% less than Swedish retail.
    I can get back to you when I have it and know if it worked alright,
    New Nokia Lumia 1520 Quad Core 20MP 4G LTE Factory Unlocked 32GB Red Phone | eBay
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 04:04 AM
    I wish the 1820 is real, it sounds amazing...
    snowmutt and John20212 like this.
    01-17-2014 04:14 AM
    I kind of get his point. The phone is 2 months old already, and not released here in Canada, so I kind of feel the same way. I don't want to pay top money for old hardware. I'm a day one early adopter so now I've gotten to the point where I don't want it. Maybe they'll do better on their next release and I will consider them again.
    Equally, whatever come next canada will get them 2 mo later. Does not see the argument here.
    01-17-2014 08:57 AM
    I agree that you shouldn't just sit there waiting for something new, but there are times when it is appropriate. This is one of those times. I, and many people like me, am looking for a WP that has similar specs to a 1520 with smaller dimensions. If they want to make it even more powerful and add additional features, I am all for it, but even a smaller version of the same thing would be okay with me.

I would love to sit and wait for the first MS branded phone, but I don't think that will be for a long time.
    01-17-2014 10:07 AM
    Saw this write up a while back, and the fact that WPC has put zero effort into reporting it should sum up the chances of this being accurate.

I am waiting on the L1520 simply because I am a stinking cheapskate. I didn't pounce when the phone was 99.00 on contract here in the U.S., and I feel stupid now. If anything happens to my L900 I will get it with a smile on my face and close my eyes while I am paying the 150.00 on contract.

Otherwise, I actually understand waiting. MWC is coming, and if nothing else that will satisfy most peoples curiosity if something more to their liking is coming.

But as far as specs, this bad boy is the bomb and it is as future proof as any device from any OEM running any OS can be. The processor will be more then strong/fast enough to handle any WP 8.1 upgrades, the graphics chip will handle any game being put out on mobile this calander year, and the screen is a pop your retina's out colorful masterpiece. I can not understand NOT buying except it's price (what the thread originator stated was the main hang up) or if the 6" screen is just too big for your tastes.
    aitt, colinkiama, Dos101 and 1 others like this.
    01-17-2014 06:36 PM
    What part of " I'm not supporting a company that can't get a phone in my hand in a timely fashion. " don't you understand? It's my money and I don't play seconds. They can sell it those people who are interested but I'm not one of those people. That's the risk they take when they make customers wait. You can lose the sale. Same thing with a grocery store without enough cashiers.
    Ummm yeah. According to your avatar, the phone you are currently sporting is a Galaxy Note - not a Note II. You don't even have the latest technology for your current device.
    aitt likes this.
    01-17-2014 07:09 PM
    If that 1820 is real....I love the 1520 I do, it is perfectly spec'd for me besides one major thing. The size. Its too much to wield as a daily driver daily for me.
    01-17-2014 07:34 PM
    Equally, whatever come next canada will get them 2 mo later. Does not see the argument here.
    Exactly. Not understanding their logic for a phone 2 mos old. To each their own.
    01-17-2014 08:57 PM
    Solar powered screen? not even I can believe that
    snowmutt and Loco5150 like this.
    01-17-2014 10:29 PM
    Solar powered screen? not even I can believe that
    Would be cool though.
    John20212 likes this.
    01-18-2014 12:44 AM
    This is not true.
    01-18-2014 06:05 AM
    If you keep waiting for the better phone you'll never get a new phone.
    \

Well, not exactly...

At this time, the new phones are not all that new... Yes, hardware they offer a new feature or two, but out side of that the experience is just the same with any other windows phone. I am looking forward to a new windows phone that is for sure on par with their next generation of hardware/software direction... Namely a phone that is not upgraded to windows 8.1 but one that has 8.1, the noted hardware changes like the lack of a back button, etc. Shoot, even though I have a few devices with Qi, if the industry really goes to PMA, than I want that... I don't want a case to add any functionality. I want a real flagship like the 920 was... It set a standard that the others are just slight revisions... Good ones, but nothing really new.

I buy enough stuff to test (tech junkie) and have had my fair share of windows mobile/phones, namely, tilt, tilt 2, the quantum, focus, 900 and the 920. I want the 1020 and thought about the 1520, but still my 920 stayed true and blue, err... white. I am a MS fan and have a few people I influenced to get the 920, surface, xbone etc, but I just really cant justify jumping up the hardware that offers little compared to what I have... Even more, the whole update thing is a PITA with waiting and such.. Whatever device is out now, no matter how new, will mostly likely have a long/inconvenient wait for 8.1 or so... Just going by history alone.

So, yes, as far as technology goes, if you continue to wait you will never jump in... But for those of us who do jump in, why continue climb out just to jump back in repeatedly in the same pool? I want to climb out and jump into another that is better, not the same as I already am in... I mean, what's the real point? To support the system? To have the latest?? Just to in the end be no better than the rest of us.

Here is to the FUTURE!
    esco757 likes this.
    01-18-2014 10:48 AM
    Exactly my point,
    If you wait for 1820 / 1525, by the time these phones will be released their be rumors about something better than that.
    Maybe it is not waiting for the latest, but waiting for one that you really want or one that fits your requirements. So many time we get caught up on having the latest or the next version when in reality, the incremental change will do little to change how we use the one we currently have. I understand wanting to support the platform, but it is really not by burden to prove or support it. believe me, I am a technology junkie, but I also understand where I am being ridiculous with upgrades. I am personally tired of it...

Technology, supposed to aid our lives, yet it complicates and takes more time from us by researching, configuring, stressing, babying, etc. I guess I am just on my way to try to get a life outside of it.. I am sure one day I will go off the grid... That's what I get for working in the industry I have a passion about, lol.
    01-18-2014 10:55 AM
    Honestly I'm not upset at all I sign a two year with the 1520 even with this rumoured phone, its already way too powerful for a phone (I don't get the point of having a console in my pants I guess :P) and the screen is so crisp that it already shows no pixels (I also happen to be the guy that doesn't get why 720p wasn't good enough since alot of reviews couldn't tell the difference between the two this last year :P) I can wait to years for the built in sensor upgrades to really improve a shocking amount :P
    01-18-2014 10:58 AM
    ... because the promise of better things has me hooked...
    Lumia 1820 and Lumia 1525: Detailed Specs Revealed for Nokia 2014 Flagships | Nokia - Gizbot

ps There's another reason. Getting a 1520 here in the UK is a total pita. The SIM-free cost is ridiculous and needs to come down imo. For the 920, we got close to the dollar price. For the 1520, it's at least 1.5 times as much.
    Keep chasing dream phones and you'll never have a real phone to use.
    Dos101 and hmmwv like this.
    01-20-2014 10:54 AM
    I'll go ahead and put money down that this phone doesn't exist and the whole story is bogus.
    01-27-2014 03:55 PM
    In my opinion there are right and wrong times to upgrade, if you aren't in a hurry to get a new phone. I always try to buy a phone that I see that it has the potential to stay as a flagship device for as long as possible. At least 6 months. That's why I bought the LUMIA 920. Now, the 1520 doesn't seem a right purchase for me. Not when you know that in 2 months you will seriously start getting information about WP8.1 devices! Makes a lot more sense to purchase a flagship device being released in May, when you know almost for sure that the next one is only going to be realised in November.
    02-07-2014 10:05 AM
    Wish the icon was GSM....SOOOOO MUCH
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-14-2014 08:22 PM
47 12