W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxije

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

I posted on Gab's twitter account. hopefully we will get answer soon. This was the first build that I got this graphic issues on. Thanks hopefully other people who have the issue can come forward and we can figure out a solution.

aussieboykie

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Calculator didn't work at all for me for several days so I installed Calculator+. Yesterday, Calculator started working so presumably some background update fixed it. Lumia 1520.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

ok i rolled back, battery was depleting really fast, couldn't get any notification on my band & way too many apps wouldn't run properly.
but.......everything else was awesome and il be trying the next build

aussieboykie

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Sign in using Microsoft account just sits and spins on Just a moment.
Same here on a Lumia 1520. My "Your Account" setting shows me on a local account and advises that I'd be better on a Microsoft account but attempting to sign in with a Microsoft account just spins and spins...

Other than that, and a local app (TripView Sydney) that does not remember settings and has to be reconfigured every time, this build seems very good. Things took a while to settle down after a hard reset and there were lots of app reinstalls (I should have thought to disable Store and Store Beta auto updates) but now that's all done it is eminently usable. :smile:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

where can i find double tap to wake up setting ??? it used to be under touch settings

Should be under Settings -> Extras -> Touch

Edit:

ok i rolled back, battery was depleting really fast, couldn't get any notification on my band & way too many apps wouldn't run properly.
but.......everything else was awesome and il be trying the next build

Just got your last post lol.

I've been running the preview for the first time on my phone for just under 2 hrs now, still staving of the temptation to check around the new build . It's going to be tough to let the phone sit still over night lol.

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

I just installed it on my 1520. Only issue so far is my contact ringtones and text tones are gone. It keeps saying I need an app to do .that bu then I get an error message.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

-Search keeps telling me I'm not connected to the network.
-Edge is slow to load webpages. Non responsive on a lot of sites. Overall slow

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday, my phone hung [freeze] , but after resetting it [Power button + Volume button], the phone got restarted and the heating of the phone has gone.

The draining of the battery has also stopped.

Btw Found a another bug , related to SMS

When i receive an sms from any bank [in my case HDFC], some of its messages are not visible, they are visible only on the message list, but when i click on the same , it is blank.

This needs to be fixed, imagine bank sending you an OTP and when you click on that SMS you are not able to see!!!!

Also the notifications received when we get whatsapp messages [The dialogue balloon near the network signal], it does not go even after we have read the messages. On clicking the notification, it does not take you to the whatsapp message.

Also are there any windows related themes installed with this update for background screen?

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone have the problem when zooming into an email?
When I zoom into an email it becomes unreadable, the whole text is pressed on the left in a 2 characters wide column.

Battery draining is also a big problem. This morning my battery felt down from 100 to 75% in two hours without touching the phone. (Lumia 1520)

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Another issue, on clicking the Whatsapp icon, it does not open up. Restarted the phone.

After restarting able to see the whatsapp message, but found a weird thing.

The 3G/H+ icon which used to come next to the network bar is now below it. As a result of this the 3G/H+ is not visible, i have to swipe down the screen to check whether the data connection icon is showing or not.

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

any body having issues with photos app? Only camera roll folder is visible, cant see other folders..any solution

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Does the search feature of the Outlook mail work? I am using gmail. Whenever i click on search icon to search mails, it comes back to the main screen, the start tiles..

Also there is no search feature for sms

sokhi

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Installed it on my Lumia 820 a day before. Still exploring it's features.

What I like in this build.
1. Of course it's keyboard. More languages added. Speech to text very useful.
2. Organized system settings.
3. More color accents.
4. More options in dropdown action center.

Having problems in:
1. Missing separate folders of WhatsApp application
2. Apps through Store beta never gets updated neither new apps gets installed.
3. Lost all my paid apps always receive 80004005...... While installing then again.
4. Microsoft camera take quite a long time to save a pic, sometimes clicked image never saved.
5. Cortana not available in this build for India.
6. Where are vertical Tiles?....

But still it's not a final build bugs are expected...........
Hope final build will not be sluggish like its now and will be much more responsive than windows phone 8.1

MRTSPORTS1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Tried updating WhatsApp last night, hit "ERROR 80073CF6" and am unable to use or uninstall WhatsApp now. Both Beta Store and regular Store. So WhatsApp is unusable :X

hidde102

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

so, i am trying to update my lumia 920 from wp8.1 to this build and wheel thing finished and i see the nokia logo on the screen, few seconds after it goes back to the wheels and nokia logo again and wheel again and so on....anyone can help? is there anything i can do?
thx in advance :)

I had this problem too! Recover your phone to wp 8.1 and try it again. For me it worked out.

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I can't open the Store or the Store (Beta).

Error codes are "c00cee4f" for the old store and "80072ee7" for the new store.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have the problem when zooming into an email?
When I zoom into an email it becomes unreadable, the whole text is pressed on the left in a 2 characters wide column.

Battery draining is also a big problem. This morning my battery felt down from 100 to 75% in two hours without touching the phone. (Lumia 1520)

Same here on a 1020. I went from 100% to 75% in less than 2 hrs without touching the device. The very odd thing, woke at 4am, left the house 30 min later, sat on my car charger for 30 more minutes and it's at 75% and still slightly warm to the touch. I checked battery use and the biggest offender is Outlook.

Craig Mears

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

I found that dropbox will not work. When upgraded from 8.1 dropbox tried to load then quits so uninstalled and tried to reinstall from the old store and the new store.

Receive error message when trying to install from new store...cant remember the code but at the end of the day no dropbox usability in wp 10 preview 10149

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

@Vincent van Rooijen Hi have the same problem did you solve it?

I could solve it by manually creating a APN. After I saved the settings, it still didn't work. Then I saw I have to select "apply" and now cellular data is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon