W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMOSteel

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

4. I get messages from 2 of my 4 email accounts multiple times a day saying my settings are out of date. They are not.

Been getting "Your Verizon account settings are out-of-date" since this morning. If I had a dollar for every one, well, I'd have a lot of dollars.

No changes to any settings for my account on my end and I can still check email via verizon.net with current credentials so not sure what happened overnight to cause this.

Have not had any such issues since first getting the phone about 3 weeks ago and upgrading to Windows 10.

Where exactly can I check what build I'm on? Its a Lumia 928.

EDIT: Ah, sorry, found it it's 10586.71

Last edited:

realsweden

May 5, 2015
Visit site

I'm running win10 mobile (build 10586.71) on a lumia 930 and it's really smooth with almost any app crashes...

But there's this bug I've noticed since I installed win10 mobile. I have the location item in the last position of my notification area. If I happen to use location for a while, if i go to te notification area and press the location icon to turn it off, the 930 freezes instantly.

The only way to have my phone back again is by pressing power for a good 10 seconds and reboot.

Does anyone have a similiar problem?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm running win10 mobile (build 10586.71) on a lumia 930 and it's really smooth with almost any app crashes...

But there's this bug I've noticed since I installed win10 mobile. I have the location item in the last position of my notification area. If I happen to use location for a while, if i go to te notification area and press the location icon to turn it off, the 930 freezes instantly.

The only way to have my phone back again is by pressing power for a good 10 seconds and reboot.

Does anyone have a similiar problem?

Haven't seen those issues, although I have the same phone and OS build.

However, from all I have read and experienced so far (been an Insider for a while now),
after 2-3 build updates, things get so jumbled up, you want to reset your phone to fix any such issues.

What I usually do is:
create backup, update, hard reset, restore backup.

Updated to 10586.107 now, so you might try that, before doing a reset.

DISCLAIMER: When following this procedure, it's possible that some things are not recovered from backup, like certain apps, because they no longer exist in the store or are temporarily unavailable for that device, etc.

Proceed at own risk :)

TMOSteel

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site

Been getting "Your Verizon account settings are out-of-date" since this morning. If I had a dollar for every one, well, I'd have a lot of dollars.

No changes to any settings for my account on my end and I can still check email via verizon.net with current credentials so not sure what happened overnight to cause this.

Have not had any such issues since first getting the phone about 3 weeks ago and upgrading to Windows 10.

Where exactly can I check what build I'm on? Its a Lumia 928.

EDIT: Ah, sorry, found it it's 10586.71

Found Outlook Mail and Calendar update pending in Windows store on phone, once completed Verizon account message went away and account is updating normally.

EDIT: And now its back again, what the heck is going on? Somethings not right here.

Last edited:

Jason Ward

Windows Central Columnist
Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey folks. I'm stuck on build .29. I keep getting the message that I'm up to date when I search for an update. Any suggestions? I'm using the preview on a 1520.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hey folks. I'm stuck on build .29. I keep getting the message that I'm up to date when I search for an update. Any suggestions? I'm using the preview on a 1520.

log out and log in again Windows insider app. Check if app is updated (now you got 4 chioces)

Milan Aleksic

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Im back to windows 10 mobile insider preview, slow ring, hard reset, fresh install, don't restore backup, screen is flicker, after scroling or move left to right on multitasking. It's normal wm10 beta problems? Nokia lumia 925 10586.107 build

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I believe I found a bug with the way video sare handled when streaming from onedrive. I've tested this on two phones, a lumia 640 and lumia 1520. Both have memory cards installed with all photos and videos set to be stored on the memory card.

The problem occurs when I try to view a video that is stored online in my onedrive. After each video I watch the size of the "Photos" application or the Onedrive application will increase exactly as much as the size of the video. The reason I caught this issue is because my 640 has very limited internal memory.

I now have a photos app that is over 2 GB in size and no way (that I know of) short of a hard reset to fix it. Can you guys try this out and see if you have a similar experience? I am continually getting a low memory warning on my 640 now.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

The 1020 I have is on the preview for a third time with .107
I was hopeful for a few hours.

Every camera app on this phone wouldn't open properly this afternoon.
I think the lens cover just refused to function.
This might be hardware, never seen this on 8.1 Denim however.

I thought the battery time was going to be good but that's back to it's shortened life again.

One last bug seems to be Wi-Fi this phone always had a solid connection state.
Not with WM10P however.

The battery life and Wi-Fi are recurring problems for me.
The camera failure is a new one as of today.

Eijiken Himself

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

Current build as of post date, Besides random crashes that are hard to replicate, The outlook notification consistently says I have 1 message, even when all email is read. When going into gmail account to mark all as read, app crashes.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

On 10586.122 with 2 phones now (L925 and L1020) and photo output quality is pretty sad on both.
Colors are overdriven auto focus is glitchy across 4 formerly solid camera apps.
Battery time has increased on the 1020 but the 925 is going thru the battery very quickly.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Every time on every single app, when trying to choose a photo with "PhotoChooserTask", after a few seconds, the app crash and quit to main menu.
tried many times and choose photo ASAP but still unable to choose any photo
How to fix this?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Today on my 950XL, build 10586.122 decided to not follow the quiet hours schedule. I learned this at 5am. Thanks Cortana!

Kozel292

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Position searching problem on Lumia 920

I have bug on my Lumia 920. After installing 10586.164 my phone still searching position (searching position icon is always active). This issue I have also on another phone of same type. SR or HR doesn't help. Do you have any tips, how to solve this problem. Thx.

FiJPM

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Hello
The prview itelf works well on L930, but I found one hick up on the mail client. I have one e-mail from 19th March that keeps coming back.
I delete the e-mail all ok, but 30 secs later it re-apperas on inbox as unread e-mail. Have restarted the phone several times, but no cure. This is a minor hick up so hard reseting is not an option.
All apps up to date and thev version of W10M is 10.0.10586.164

Any one else having these symptoms?

Cheers
Jussi

Heska

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

Build 14291 and 14295, Lumia 830
There is a bug in video play back in which when I touch screen or change the volume the display starts flashing, in Netflix after 5 seconds it starts flashing. I cant use Netflix anymore and watch videos properly.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I guess this is not really an insider build, but anyway: 950XL DS on 10586.164.

Looks like a recent Photos app update messed up the photos picker: tapping one file will select another. So annoying. Turning to landscape solves it.

Also: the messaging app does not always notice that there's something copied from Edge on the clipboard. Seems like hiding and unhiding the keyboard fixes that.

Also, why is it that my super fast flagship takes a few seconds to redraw each photo after I swipe to the next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon