The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-28-2015 07:41 AM
156 ... 567
tools
    I have already accepted that the desktop oriented W10 ecosystem is not for me. Come W13 (assuming we're counting in twos now) I'm pretty confident MS will have no option but to return to a touch first approach.

W8 is still good. I can see it lasting me for a long time yet. I stuck with Win2K and never did move to XP because it never offered anything that 2K couldn't do for me. Now, in the new ecosystem centred world, it's going to be even harder to shift people to an OS that isn't well suited to their touch devices.

W10 is an upgrade for W7 users and will attract them. W8 users will want to wait for the next upgrade on the touch spur of the Windows platform.
    04-22-2015 01:06 PM
    Lala
    Last edited by Slovenix; 04-23-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    04-23-2015 05:31 AM
    Update:

I use Win10 on my phone.. And no, no I just don't like the navigation, no way. It sucks compared to 8.1
    There's a reason I have ever touched a WP coming from Android (I like It), but I also like how WP is different and I really got used to it so much that anything else is annoying ("new" UI and navigation). And even If I like it, it's not as much as 8.1

8.1 UI is not perfect either, it needs new shapes, icons, color, SMALLER FONTS in some areas, and stuff like that.. But that's It. Why fix something that's not broken, just improve your Design ..

+ Improve gesture navigation

Why would anyone switch to WP, if It looks like un attractive version of old Android design without apps, from Perfectly shaped Material design.

No, we don't know how it's gonna look in the end, and I believe It will look Beautiful, but I don't like the way it's headed now.

Why do I Care?

Because WP and Microsoft gave me inspiration and actually made me fall in love with mobile devices, phone designing and UI design way more than anyone else.. And now it's turning mainstream like musical bands..

I'm not going to support something that I and many more don't like just to be liked by the community here because "unliking anything MS-made" is "hating" You can believe me that no matter how many MS devices you own, I probably care a lot more. And as someone may read this from MS, I think its good.

I'd rather encourage them to improve Modern design..
    04-23-2015 05:44 AM
    By the way, if you're installing it on a 6xx phone, it's terrible. It's alright on a 925, you can see more of everything/
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    04-23-2015 06:53 AM
    By the way, if you're installing it on a 6xx phone, it's terrible. It's alright on a 925, you can see more of everything/
    Have to agree. I've been reading the posts, wondering what the uproar was about.
    After installing Win10 TP on my Lumia 635, the navigation is skewed from what previously existed (WinPhone 8, 8.1) and is simply non-intuitive.

Not so much a complaint, but agreement with all the naysayers. I took a look at it, opened the apps I could & powered it off, waiting for the next build.
    04-23-2015 07:21 AM
    on the contrary, I think that isn't bad at all. Maybe make it a bit more dense, but otherwise I like the design.

This isn't something that is entirely new to Windows Phone either. The acclaimed People Hub in say 7 was still received well.
    Try searching for contact in 8.1 in comparison to that, more work
    04-28-2015 07:41 AM
156 ... 567