Too Many Tombstones?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question: When you hold down the main back arrow and get the tombstone screens showing all of the active background apps, I'm sometimes surprised by the large number of tombstones.

I've not observed any appreciable bogging down when it occurs, nor any uptick in performance after I've closed down the surplus apps. My problems occur when a single app hangs. Even if the tombstones are harmless placeholders which provide a faster relaunch, I find the process of closing apps laborious and difficult. It's hard for me to consistently hit the X to close an app, and often wind up relaunching the app I'm trying to close.

Is there an easier way to entirely close an app? Or should I just ignore it?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i don't know if it's intentionally with W10M, but it does not close apps anymore when you back out with the back arrow. I'm wondering if it will stay that way. I'm kinda OCD and always want to close all my apps, even if it's not really a problem for the battery

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i don't know if it's intentionally with W10M, but it does not close apps anymore when you back out with the back arrow. I'm wondering if it will stay that way. I'm kinda OCD and always want to close all my apps, even if it's not really a problem for the battery
Oh that existed since 8.1 with the winRT apps. I'll try send feedback so they can add a close all button or something similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes