Encrypted mail on WP 10

silentshot

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, has anyone got the encryption with email to work correctly. It was working a few months back. It seems now so flakey. If you have I would love to know how you did it.
Thanks.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

What I can report :
a) appeared first on my live.com and office365 accounts
b) didn't work at that time, then was withdrawn
c) was back only for office365 account
d) seems to appear and disappear from option menu
e) not able to make it work.

In Windows Feedback, I've asked 2 things :
a) Support OpenPGP and S/MIME (AND, not OR)
b) Allow "individuals" (versus companies) to use S/MIME encryption/signature with personal certificates.

But not very popular topic, people prefer a landscape start screen :p

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Gosh, what IS IT with people and these little fit-and-finish threads!? It's maddening when real, should-be usable features... like S/MIME!! receive virtually zero attention from either the user base or the Windows Central staff!!

I visited my local Microsoft store; they couldn't answer the question and I played with the OS, myself, and I could not find an email encryption/digital signature setting for an Exchange-configured account. It's feeling like S/MIME, like so many other features of the Windows 10 platform, has simply taken a back seat to a plethora of other bugs yet to be worked out in an OS released ahead of being ready. Too bad because enthusiast or not, if S/MIME is a feature you rely upon daily--I do!!--you aren't going to invest in the new hardware, no matter how much you might be wanting to.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
S/MIME is back on my W10M devices, but only for my pro office365 account.

But I want to use S/MIME, or openPGP on my *personal* account. I've suggested this many times in the feedback app but apparently, landscape startscreen is more important :/

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... maddening. This works across the board in the WP8.1 mail client. I up-voted your feedback a while back, now. But you are right; it would seem a landscape start screen and/or a "dark theme" for the mail app is WAY more important. :/

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
FYI for persons relying upon email encryption (S/MIME) with Exchange (and Office365)--10586.29 coupled with today's (7 Dec) Outlook Mail app update (17.6430.42252.0) significantly improves Windows' handing of certificates. I'm finding the exchange (pun intended :) of encrypted email is working and, as far as I can tell... CONSISTENTLY. Hallelujah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital