W10M not installing on L520

Kshitij Kadiya

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I recently decided to move forward to W10M on my lumia 520 and I enrolled for windows insider preview and downloaded updates. It said it will install w10m on my device but after a bit of gears it shows a sad face and reboots again if my device is connected to the charger and shuts down if it's not. Please help. Is there anything I can do to recover my phone?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 33177.jpg
    33177.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Quote. I normally use W10 on 520, that's a random quite error on all phones due to download error or power loss during gears.
Plug it to pc and dowload Windows Device Recovery Tool to bring it back to original 8 Cyan, then let it normally update to 8.1 Denim

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you have a microSD card remove it and then let the process begin. If it doesn't proceed then as others have suggested you'll have to restore your phone using WDRT.

Kshitij Kadiya

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for help. I tried removing SD card, sim card, inserting both, one by one, and phone was plugged during whole process. Just recovery method's remaining. But will it work if my phone isn't on?

Kshitij Kadiya

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Recovery tool keeps showing the error shown in pic below. When I click try again, it resumes download but it happens too often to download 1.56 GB data.33178.jpg

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay search the 920 forums on how to perform a dead flash using Nokia Product Support Tool. The 520 is supported and it should be able to take you through.

Kshitij Kadiya

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much. I got my phone restored. But I really want to upgrade to w10m. Any suggestions?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much. I got my phone restored. But I really want to upgrade to w10m. Any suggestions?

First let it complete all 8.1 update, then proceed normally with Windows Insider Release Ring (for last 10586.122 build). Put sd card out, you'll use later, let the phone always wall plugged, chechk your wifi strenght (you cant use carrier ) and be patient. Win10 is completely different (if you got a W10 laptop you can realize how)
It happened to me once when updating from one build to another, I used the hard reset key combo and everything went fine.
Your case was different, it was your first upgrade

n:b:next time use quote when answering, or we can't see

Kshitij Kadiya

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
First let it complete all 8.1 update, then proceed normally with Windows Insider Release Ring (for last 10586.122 build). Put sd card out, you'll use later, let the phone always wall plugged, chechk your wifi strenght (you cant use carrier ) and be patient. Win10 is completely different (if you got a W10 laptop you can realize how)
It happened to me once when updating from one build to another, I used the hard reset key combo and everything went fine.
Your case was different, it was your first upgrade

n:b:next time use quote when answering, or we can't see

Oh. Sorry. I have some apps on my SD card. Will removing it interfere with update?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh. Sorry. I have some apps on my SD card. Will removing it interfere with update?

Apps are backupped as a list, and they'll be downloaded and reinstalled automatically in new Win10 version . You'll get a notify about clean sd apps, but pics videos and musics will be untouched.
It could take time, you'll feel you phone hot and slow due to a lot of downloading (you'll can follow progress in Store -> My downloads), installing, syncing. One or two days of patience ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)