The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-04-2016 10:01 PM
598 ... 21222324
tools
    And so for today's new issue, the Outlook tile shows a message on it that has already been deleted, and I am also unable send any new mail. Trying to compose a new message just hangs with a white screen. Fabulous.
    05-28-2016 03:45 AM
    Trying to compose a new message just hangs with a white screen.
    I too, have this problem.
    05-28-2016 10:20 AM
    On my 1520 battery is better than in 1003, but it's not great. In about 6-7hrs it dies with moderate use (easily 2 days in 8.1 with much more use). It's almost permanently hot on the back top left of the screen and under the camera at times. Less lock screen bugs than 1003. Slightly faster. Less freezes. Was hoping for better but this will do for now far better than 1003 in any case.
    05-28-2016 11:04 AM
    And for today's second new issue, despite being fine most of the day, this evening I could no longer play any games that relied on the XboxLive service. Checked online and there wasn't any issue reported that would have affected this. Then tried my sons phone and it was fine on his (connected via same WiFi router). Did a soft-reset, still no good, but then shortly after got an error, something to do with getting insider builds, odd because I hadn't looked at updating at all today. It needed to re-verify my account for some reason, I have 2FA enable and so requested that code be sent to me via SMS, only to find that the box where the code was supposed to go would not accept any input. The keyboard would pop up when tapping to type in the box, but I couldn't actually type anything. Sigh's in frustration once again. I did eventually get it to work after multiple attempts and once it had verified my account for insider-update purposes, a little while later, games that relied on the XBL service started working again.

Does anyone use the production ring on their 950? If so, how is it, what's different now between the fast and production rings?

Also noticed today that the maps app is a bit crap, on several roundabouts today, it wanted me to come off the main road that bypassed the roundabout, only to then send me to the exit which rejoined the road I had been on previously!!!
    05-28-2016 04:35 PM
    The Insider settings bug was fixed yesterday, it was server related
    05-29-2016 02:00 AM
    Since 1004, many of my apps have stopped working. Think it failed to migrate some to the new build. Whenever I try to start them I get "X can't be opened, an app update may be available in the store" This is for many many apps (that do not have updates in the store). Only fix I've found so far is to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Though since this issue is affecting my authenticators also, I'd rather not reinstall those, since setting them up can be a hassle.

Anyone else with this issue? Found any ways of bypassing it/fixing without reinstall?

Hopeing for new build tomorrow, maybe the data migration of that build will fix it.
    05-29-2016 02:48 AM
    Since 1004, many of my apps have stopped working. Think it failed to migrate some to the new build. Whenever I try to start them I get "X can't be opened, an app update may be available in the store" This is for many many apps (that do not have updates in the store). Only fix I've found so far is to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Though since this issue is affecting my authenticators also, I'd rather not reinstall those, since setting them up can be a hassle.

Anyone else with this issue? Found any ways of bypassing it/fixing without reinstall?

Hopeing for new build tomorrow, maybe the data migration of that build will fix it.
    Seems a corrupted sd card. A soft reset fixed that, maybe with a message Your sd card needs to be checked, please confirm.
    Did you got a sd card? try migrating app to phone via Storage -> Sd -> Apps.
    Check deeply your sd via laptop card reader if necessary
    05-29-2016 03:31 AM
    Seems a corrupted sd card. A soft reset fixed that, maybe with a message Your sd card needs to be checked, please confirm.
    Did you got a sd card? try migrating app to phone via Storage -> Sd -> Apps.
    Check deeply your sd via laptop card reader if necessary
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not using any SD-card, just internal Storage, will try to put in a card and move some apps back and forth to see if it helps. thanks for the advice. Tried soft reset already, no luck there.

Edit: Moving to SD did not help, moving back did not help either. Guess I'll just have to wait till next build. If not, time for a hard reset.
    Last edited by Paganmoon; 05-29-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    05-29-2016 03:52 AM
    I thought the battery issue was resolved, and since I updated to .1004 it preformed well a few days, but now it looks like it has returned for me. My battery went from 100% to 5% in just a few hours last night. I got it to start again and according to the battery settings information, the application Microsoft Health use 81% of my batter during the last 24 hour period and it was set never to run in the background. I am charging the phone now. I have uninstalled the application and I'll see how the battery preforms once I get a full charge.
    Last edited by Eric Hamilton; 05-29-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    05-29-2016 09:07 AM
    My phone, using the charger that came with it, fully charged from about 5% to 100% in a relatively short time. Once it charged, I just let the phone sit idle and according to my battery app the discharge rate is 4.79%/hour and has19 hours until it will power off. It has gone from 100% to 91% in about 3 hours. Have not made any calls, sent any texts, played any games or listened to any music. I will see how it preforms today and later, I'll install the Microsoft Fitness app, and find out what happens then.
    05-29-2016 01:33 PM
    I thought the battery issue was resolved, and since I updated to .1004 it preformed well a few days, but now it looks like it has returned for me. My battery went from 100% to 5% in just a few hours last night. I got it to start again and according to the battery settings information, the application Microsoft Health use 81% of my batter during the last 24 hour period and it was set never to run in the background. I am charging the phone now. I have uninstalled the application and I'll see how the battery preforms once I get a full charge.
    My Lumia 930 does the same massive drops, 50% in 30min! Its all Microsoft Healths fault. Its the latest update that's the problem from what I can tell. My 950 was fine until I said "update all" in the store forgetting I wasn't meant to update Health.
    05-29-2016 09:27 PM
    From 8:30am this morning to 10:45pm this evening my phone went from 100% to 55%. I did make one call that lasted maybe 30 minutes or so and another that lasted 5 minutes and a few text messages. So, use wise it was light day usage wise, but I am thinking that the MS Health app was the issue since that was the only change that I made. I am hesitant to reinstall Microsoft Health now until there is another update. Not sure if it will be in the OS or the app itself.
    05-30-2016 12:54 AM
    Read somewhere a new update is due Tuesday
    hopefully they fix battery issue
    and store it is dam slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww now
    05-30-2016 07:11 AM
    I couldn't run 1003 but 1004 is fine on 950XL, been 2 days and am impressed. apps open and operate properly. not streaming as much from music apps, the only thing I have not done is sync Groove, been using Plex. It's working great for me.
    05-30-2016 08:23 AM
    Does anyone know the solution where Whatsapp message Count is not showing on lockscreen in latest build?? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling whatsapp but that did not help.. tried removing and re-adding whatsapp to lockscreen, still same
    05-30-2016 09:29 AM
    All-in-All, no MAJOR issues (950xl, US, DS), but I do notice that sometimes the keyboard fails to present its self when trying to enter text on some websites in Edge - cursor is in position, but no keypad (this is a hit a miss ordeal).

Day before yesterday; had Groove playing over a Bluetooth speaker, music started was cutting in and out after about 2 songs (started at about 80% plus charge), then stopped completely after about 10 songs. When I check the phone, it was completely dead.

Yesterday, same thing; had Groove playing over a Bluetooth speaker, played all day with no problems.

Go figure?
    05-30-2016 09:44 AM
    Anyone's keyboards not popping up sometimes?
    nikosxri, GEO147 and PPCFreak like this.
    05-30-2016 10:14 PM
    just sometimes in only Facebook web site, nowhere else. Curious

However personal dictionary stops working on the afternoon daily
    05-31-2016 02:10 AM
    Yeah it is actually the only problem with 1004 that I have. the build otherwise is excellent. Very good in every other way.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    05-31-2016 05:11 AM
    Same here.
    Its quite nagging, but i can live with it, for now.
    05-31-2016 07:13 AM
    Yeah it is actually the only problem with 1004 that I have. the build otherwise is excellent. Very good in every other way.
    A workaround I've been using for this was pointed out by someone else here. Hit the address bar, then go back to the text box, the keyboard should pop up.
    GEO147 and PPCFreak like this.
    05-31-2016 10:41 AM
    has anyone managed to get 14342.1004 on the slow ring for their BLU WIN HD LTE? NO matter if I pick slow or fast I am stuck on the 14342.1001
    06-01-2016 01:21 AM
    Ok.good. Im not alone. Don't have to reset. Thanks.
    06-01-2016 08:09 AM
    1004 is on the Slow Ring now? I may actually take the plunge and try Redstone. We'll see if I manage to talk myself out of it by the time I get home from work this evening.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-01-2016 09:47 AM
    is there a way to forcefully get the new Store update? I've been on the last couple redstone builds with my 950xl and it still has the old store, this is even after factory reset.
    06-01-2016 10:59 AM
598 ... 21222324