W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Glad I gave up on Redstone on phone (950XL) until Release Preview. It's still too much of a mixed bag. And reading here it looks like I made the correct choice...

The build process of W10M is the software bug equivalent of Whack-a-Mole. Brain one with the hammer and two more of the b**tards pop up...

Having said that, my Lumia 535 is like a different phone on this build compared to the last Fast Ring build. It actually, like, responds when you touch the screen now!

romo11

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Xiaomi mi4
used all my battery in 6 hours :eck:
I used the phone for 1-2 hours, standby for the rest of the time but my battery is now on 0%.
The phone was hot.

Hope this could help.
I updated morning when battery was 100% and now 6pm is 40%

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

My Lumia 930 is stuck in a boot loop with no charge! When I plug in the phone, it vibrates, shows the Nokia logo, then powers off, in a loop. It has been doing it for at least 45 minutes now. What should I do?

Have you tried WDRT. If the phone is powering up ( vibrating ), you should be able to get WDRT to pick it up. It can be a bit tedious getting the usb lead and vibration together. I've managed to recover by just plugging usb before vibration. If WDRT picks it up it can usually save the day from there. Don't forget to use the 'My phone is not recognised' bar before you connect the phone.

Best of luck

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Same phone, same issues here; at 47%, phone is warmer than normal, draining.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

I've had this running for a day now, and only used 50% battery. Not bad by 950xl standards!

Yes there are a few bugs and issues, BUT, Redstone is racing along when you compare how long TH2 was taking. The first insider preview took an age, and then it still took until earlier this year before we finally got the public release of 10586 TH. By comparison Redstone is being developed fairly steadily, along side threshold releases / cumulative updates.

Not bad for a dead platform :wink:

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Im with you. If I saw more steady, quicker progress with these builds, id stay with it, but its just not worth the hassle anymore when I have one phone. Im going to roll back to 8.1 and then go to the steady build of 10. I cant deal with this anymore.

Agreed

Sab2468

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I have a 830. Exact same problem, ive just left it on charge and did a soft reset like about 20 times now! I really dont know what to do?!

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

It would seem to me that previous build all the 950 owners were having major issues while 930 owners had very few. And with this build its now total reversed.

S7 Edge it is, we will all have arthritis in our fingers and be unable to use a smartphone by the time MS get this OS sorted. Whack, whack, whack, a mole.......

Muhammad Nabi1

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 730 Dual sim,
1- Text input on web pages responding very late or didn't respond at all.
2- cell works fine for single sim but after inserting the 2nd it just give lot of bugs i-e Mobile Data totally hangs the device till pull out the 2nd sim.
3- cellular Sim in settings doesn't work and hangs the device till pulling out the battery for restart, even the Power button don't respond.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

I have L930 and it has become a hot potato. Battery is draining rapidly. I am also thinking to go back to steady win10 build.

Sent from mTalk

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

I have moved my sim Card into a spare Icon on the release preview ring. Until they get the battery issue sorted out Redstone is unusable for me.

DaFrenchman

May 13, 2013
Visit site

After dealing with the Windows Logo of Doom for a few hours last night, I finally got my Lumia Icon to update--but as several others have mentioned, it's burning through its battery at a horrific rate. According to the Battery app, it claims Cortana and Microsoft Health are using over 90% of the battery life--all while running in the background. I've set them both to not run in the background now and maybe I'll see some sort of change--once I get above 2% battery life, that is.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Text scaling effects Edge now, which should not be the case. Edge has its own scaling, but it seems over-written by what your Text scaling is in the phone settings. I have to have Text Scaling down to 100% on my 1520 for websites to display correctly. The problem with this is the phone text at the lowest setting is way too small.

Before this build, I always had Text Scaling higher and it never affected websites in Edge.

Can anyone else confirm that this isnt just a problem I am having?

I keep scaling on my 950xl at 130% and it's fine for me thus far. Any websites you want me to try?

Edge doesn't have it's own scaling. Only for reading mode. Make sure for website preference you have it set to "mobile version".

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I keep scaling on my 950xl at 130% and it's fine for me thus far. Any websites you want me to try?

Edge doesn't have it's own scaling. Only for reading mode. Make sure for website preference you have it set to "mobile version".

If you have the phone scaling at anything other than the lowest, try going to daddyleagues.com/madscrubs for instance. Way out of whack. Even cnn isnt great if scaling isnt at lowest setting. youre right about the Reading mode, i was wrong about that. But i have tried Mobile and Desktop mode and it doesnt change it. The only thing that makes it readable is having phone in lowest scaling and that was never the case before this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon