W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Big time battery drain on my Icon as well. I never had any issues installing any build on my Icon since I installed Win 10 a few months back and this is the first real bad issue I have had in it since I installed it. Every install went with out a hitch save for my contact groups missing from my home screen, but I was able to get those back no problem. Also, I used to get a few times when the phone would freeze and I'd have to reboot, but that stopped happening on the build before the .1001. This battery drain issue better be on the top of the bug fix list for sure!

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I?m experiencing crazy battery drain ? about 2% per minute. Tried a software reset and everything ? just installing the update 14342.1003 now ? will report back on if it fixes it or not

UPDATE - Nope, still draining my battery

L930: Done both Hard and Soft reset's and lose an average of 2-3% every minute. Sometimes the battery drains quicker than it charges.

ThePyrobri

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

Was seeing this too on 1001, now I can't even install 1003 it keeps failing with 0x80310000.
Even with it plugged in to the mains just trying to do this 5 times has seen me go down to 76% battery and the phone is red hot...
wp_ss_20160519_0002[1].jpg

Ramesh Dimba

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Cellular Data causing the issue. Please read my period postings, I went thru hard reset going back 8.1 and back to 14342 in vain.

Turn off cellular data and use WiFi it will not drain as bad but still drains at slightly lower rate.

Was seeing this too on 1001, now I can't even install 1003 it keeps failing with 0x80310000.
Even with it plugged in to the mains just trying to do this 5 times has seen me go down to 76% battery and the phone is red hot...
View attachment 126549

the_source

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

When I did the update to the first release of the 14342 build I did not experience any delay in the install process. Now it seems (I guess) my phone installed the version 14342.003 during the night and I am stuck on an all black screen. I performed a soft reset and left it on the charger for an hour and a half. Still black screen. After that did a couple of software resets, still the same. Phone boots and shows windows logo, flashes to black and shows the windows logo again and then goes dark. Phone does not feel warm at all so seems to be doing nothing at all.

Two questions:
- When you guys state that during the update process the Phone seems to be stuck at the windows logo, is it actually showing the windows logo or just a black screen?
- Should I still wait or do a flash?

Update 1: my phone just rebooted itself but is once again stuck on a black screen.

Thx,

Peter

Last edited:

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Confirm, with the cellular data ON i have battery drain, if i turn it off the phone is ok.
(with the newest build)

Virtualizer

May 19, 2016
Visit site

L930: Done both Hard and Soft reset's and lose an average of 2-3% every minute. Sometimes the battery drains quicker than it charges.

Same for me. On my L930 battery drains quicker then I can charge. Like "Ramesh Dimba" wrote, disabling Cellular Data Connection helps a little bit. But in the end it is unacceptable.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

When I did the update to the first release of the 14342 build I did not experience any delay in the install process. Now it seems (I guess) my phone installed the version 14342.003 during the night and I am stuck on an all black screen. I performed a soft reset and left it on the charger for an hour and a half. Still black screen. After that did a couple of software resets, still the same. Phone boots and shows windows logo, flashes to black and shows the windows logo again and then goes dark. Phone does not feel warm at all so seems to be doing nothing at all.

Two questions:
- When you guys state that during the update process the Phone seems to be stuck at the windows logo, is it actually showing the windows logo or just a black screen?
- Should I still wait or do a flash?

Update 1: my phone just rebooted itself but is once again stuck on a black screen.

Thx,

Peter

I suggest the hard reset key sequence, so your phone can reinstall last downloaded build

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the fast ring and it says there is no updates, the battery drain on 14342.1001 is insane :(

Escuriak

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

One thing I also noticed (and it may be an isolated case) is that I don't see any icons in the Action center.

just found out that icons in notification center are not visible when you phone is set up to white instead of black...icons changed to white so you cant see them on white background. this is really stupid mistake microsoft!

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

We have to send reports to Microsoft via Twitter, feedback hub...to get a quick fix : cellular data on = battery drain!!!!

the_source

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Maurizo,

Thx, at the spinning wheels now :)

FYI,

I found the following two methods of hard resetting the Phone, only the second one turned out to work:

1) First press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously. Then release the Power button when the phone vibrates ? but continue to hold down Camera and Volume Down. Then release the camera button and Volume Down when the Format prompt is displayed on screen. Then press Windows button twice to confirm.

2) Turn the phone off. Then press and hold the power key until it vibrates. Then release. Press and hold the Volume Down button. If the exclamation mark is displayed, then let go of the button. Then input the follow sequence of keys: Volume Up ? Volume Down ? Power ? Volume Down.

Hopefully it will get through the install this time around :)

Thx again,

Peter

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Maurizo,

Thx, at the spinning wheels now :)

FYI,

I found the following two methods of hard resetting the Phone, only the second one turned out to work:

1) First press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously. Then release the Power button when the phone vibrates – but continue to hold down Camera and Volume Down. Then release the camera button and Volume Down when the Format prompt is displayed on screen. Then press Windows button twice to confirm.

2) Turn the phone off. Then press and hold the power key until it vibrates. Then release. Press and hold the Volume Down button. If the exclamation mark is displayed, then let go of the button. Then input the follow sequence of keys: Volume Up – Volume Down – Power – Volume Down.

Hopefully it will get through the install this time around :)

Thx again,

Peter

Don't forget to leave phone plugged ;)

zlat

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

L950XL user here.
The new build has been a lot more stable than the previous build. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but after updating to 14324, LINE does not want to make calls. It keeps saying microphone and speaker unavailable. Any suggestions?

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

There are notes in the Feedback Hub to sign out of the Photos app. Seemed to stop the service from pounding the cores, for now... Hope that helps.

I did this as suggested but am still seeing the high battery drain. maybe slightly slower than with .1001 but its still VERY HIGH compared to previous build AND production TH branch

Guy Greenwood

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Same here - 930.

Turned off mobile data but not much difference.

Running so hot - can't be doing the phone much good. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes