06-05-2016 08:20 AM
265 ... 91011
tools
    Single biggest reason W10 (even Andriod) win over iOS is the lack of app drawer.
    iOS forces all installed apps to have a tile that cannot be removed.

STUPID UINTUITIVE LAZY PROGRAMMING

Multitasking is terrible, executing a search or SIRI is painful, no widget/tile capabilities, navigation is crude and stupid, email client sucks, maps and navigation are worlds behind windows maps.
    11-28-2015 09:43 AM
    I think the biggest "feature" of IOS is that updates don't kill good features. Apple focuses more on polishing whats already implemented whereas Windows starts so much anew in a different way.
    11-28-2015 11:19 AM
    I think the biggest "feature" of IOS is that updates don't kill good features. Apple focuses more on polishing whats already implemented whereas Windows starts so much anew in a different way.
    Do you use an iPhone?

I carry both an iPhone and Windows phone everyday.

I can tell you that EVERY iPhone update breaks something (except updates that are only meant to fix what the last one broke).

For instance, iOS9 broke the hotspot feature on the 5S and even after multiple updates to fix other problems, it still doesn't work. That's a substantial feature that would have Windows phones slamming their head against the wall.
    11-28-2015 11:35 AM
    Where is the full background download over mobile network support and multitasking full like in android or Symbian
    Did u ever us symbian os latest or old all of them had it
    Think there is an app that adds background downloading.
    11-28-2015 11:58 AM
    One feature that figures in both iOs and Android is the method of closing apps.

On the Windows phone you press and hold the back key which reveals the current running apps - all good so far (and a feature that only appeared on Windows Phone 8). However the next step is different from the other 2 platforms. On Windows 10 (and 8) you have to press the cross that appears and, especially on smaller screens, that can be a small target and I find myselt missing and selecting the app instead. That means I have to go through the process again.

With both iOS and Android you simply swipe the app off the screen therby closing it.

That I would like to see on the Windows platform
    Alternatively Swipe the app down to close.
    11-28-2015 12:00 PM
    Do you use an iPhone?

I carry both an iPhone and Windows phone everyday.

I can tell you that EVERY iPhone update breaks something (except updates that are only meant to fix what the last one broke).

For instance, iOS9 broke the hotspot feature on the 5S and even after multiple updates to fix other problems, it still doesn't work. That's a substantial feature that would have Windows phones slamming their head against the wall.
    As I'm a different person, I can only judge the things I use frequently, not the things you use often. Things like Hotspot... I'm never using. But what I'm using is sms-messaging, e-mailing, calling, listening to music, surfing the net... I would say I use the most basic stuff. Of course every OS has some drawbacks after updates. But you know, breaking something can happen. Coding a big project is not easy. What I was referring to was starting something anew, Like the music app. In WP8.1 they switched a functioning music app with missing features for an ugly app with all features, but slow performance. They could or even should have tried to implement the missing features in the old app and only release the WP10 app in WP10 and do a proper change. Even in W10, the music app is still missing eye catching design. Basically, I have no good experience with music on WP 8-10.
    I don't really like IOS and i know there are also features missing or bad implemented, but , but before using my Lumia 920, I used a Samsung Wave (it had bada os, and I would be impressed if you know what that is xD). Today Bada OS is not supported anymore, because it was very very buggy and had a slow performance. But one thing's for sure: I could call a friend on a buggy and 2 years older phone faster than on my Lumia 920 With WP 8 -10. The music app on the Samsung Bada had every feature I needed from start and it worked great (except that the whole os was kinda laggy).
    I went a bit off topic there, but my point is, a music app can be done right within the first implementation and doesn't need to be coded a new 3 times within 3 years.
    Of course Apple doesgive their music apps new features etc. But how often did they have a completely new Design/App the last 3 years?
    I hope I could somehow explain what I meant with my comment before. Have a nice day :)
    11-28-2015 12:13 PM
    As I'm a different person, I can only judge the things I use frequently, not the things you use often. Things like Hotspot... I'm never using. But what I'm using is sms-messaging, e-mailing, calling, listening to music, surfing the net... I would say I use the most basic stuff. Of course every OS has some drawbacks after updates. But you know, breaking something can happen. Coding a big project is not easy. What I was referring to was starting something anew, Like the music app. In WP8.1 they switched a functioning music app with missing features for an ugly app with all features, but slow performance. They could or even should have tried to implement the missing features in the old app and only release the WP10 app in WP10 and do a proper change. Even in W10, the music app is still missing eye catching design. Basically, I have no good experience with music on WP 8-10.
    I don't really like IOS and i know there are also features missing or bad implemented, but , but before using my Lumia 920, I used a Samsung Wave (it had bada os, and I would be impressed if you know what that is xD). Today Bada OS is not supported anymore, because it was very very buggy and had a slow performance. But one thing's for sure: I could call a friend on a buggy and 2 years older phone faster than on my Lumia 920 With WP 8 -10. The music app on the Samsung Bada had every feature I needed from start and it worked great (except that the whole os was kinda laggy).
    I went a bit off topic there, but my point is, a music app can be done right within the first implementation and doesn't need to be coded a new 3 times within 3 years.
    Of course Apple doesgive their music apps new features etc. But how often did they have a completely new Design/App the last 3 years?
    I hope I could somehow explain what I meant with my comment before. Have a nice day :)
    How often do you need completely redo a success? Cross that with how many times you have to reboot a complete failure.

You're talking apples and oranges.
    11-28-2015 01:39 PM
    How often do you need completely redo a success? Cross that with how many times you have to reboot a complete failure.

You're talking apples and oranges.
    I really don't know what I should write to your reply, sorry. Therefore, I can only wish you a nice day ;)
    11-28-2015 02:03 PM
    I really don't know what I should write to your reply, sorry. Therefore, I can only wish you a nice day ;)
    Good day to you too sir!

I'm just saying that comparing iTunes to Groove isn't really fair. As with most iphone/Windows phones apps.

Whereas iTunes is the most successful and no render of Groove, Zune, Xbox music or whatever you want to call it has ever been successful. There is no need change something that is already a success even if it sucks. I don't know, who cares...
    11-28-2015 08:40 PM
    Sorry. Nope. In Win 8.1 update 2, (in Lumia 620, Xolo Q900S, Blu Win HD LTE) TC does not report the caller. Post the call, I have to edit the call-number, copy and paste in truecaller to find the caller. Post identifying, TC offers to download and install Truecaller CallerID app from windows store. But we are never able to find such an app in windows store.
    02-02-2016 03:34 AM
    i think apple was very attractive one ., solid design., very unique., but my vote always for windows
    05-07-2016 11:30 PM
    Single biggest reason W10 (even Andriod) win over iOS is the lack of app drawer.
    iOS forces all installed apps to have a tile that cannot be removed.

STUPID UINTUITIVE LAZY PROGRAMMING

Multitasking is terrible, executing a search or SIRI is painful, no widget/tile capabilities, navigation is crude and stupid, email client sucks, maps and navigation are worlds behind windows maps.
    Microsoft Outlook on iOS is the BEST email client of all platforms. I read an article recently on this website that the email client only recently started rendering emails correctly? Also if you are trying to say that Windows Maps is better than Waze/Google Maps you lose 100% credibility as that is a complete lie.

Also, realize that the majority of Microsoft employees don't even use W10M.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-08-2016 08:27 AM
    It's not about apps, it's about features. Pleeeeease let us know how that Priv works out.
    I have been using the Priv for a few months now, switching between that and a Lumia 950. Hardware wise the Priv is great, and the software additions BlackBerry has made are really good. I would claim it is the best Android phone on the market for business people, its strengths being productivity and security. The build quality is great, so it feels as premium as any iPhone.

However, after having used Windows 10 mobile, Android feels... I dunno, it just feels a lot less comfortable to use. BlackBerry 10 was the best mobile OS I have ever used (the interaction design was incredible), but Windows 10 is pretty close, much better than Android. If you add continuum, it really feels like the future of mobile computing. (I just wish I could buy a Win10 phone with a physical keyboard.) So, I have ended up using the 950 more than the Priv, despite cursing every time I write a long mail.
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    06-01-2016 11:14 PM
    Microsoft Outlook on iOS is the BEST email client of all platforms.
    Really? I have not tried Outlook on iOS, but use it daily on my Lumia 950. The Win10 mobile version is painfully bad compared to BlackBerry Hub (a brilliant notification center + mail/messaging client). If you have tried BB Hub and still thinks Outlook on iOS is better I'd be very impressed (and happy, assuming those features will make their way to Win10 eventually.)
    06-01-2016 11:26 PM
    iOS Pros:
    Reliable notifications
    Stable - very rare it requires a restart
    Apps are released daily and work well
    New features get adopted straight away (i.e. Apple Pay)

iOS Cons:
    Inbuilt email app is woeful
    Looks old hat now - no inovation as such

WM10 - Pros
    More control
    Email / Calendar is much better
    Camera is superb

WM10 - Cons
    Notifications are woeful - 30 minute+ delay compared to iOS
    Why would I want to mess around with iris recognition? Seriously put a fingerprint reader on there!
    QA in the builds is awful - looks like nobody tests them - they fix one thing to break another
    Apps are very poor. Most apps are horrid in comparisson to the iOS apps.
    The App Store is awful - there should be a forced change log for apps
    Realise that Apps on full blown Windows 10 run differently than on a mobile!
    06-05-2016 08:20 AM
265 ... 91011