What features does iOS have that W10M doesn't?

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
like in W8.1?
So don't you think it will also be there in W10?

I'm talking about now. It isn't there right now in Windows 10 Mobile. Also, note the underlined and italicized word "detailed". Battery Saver only shows what percentage of battery was used and a bar graph with In Use and Background. There isn't an EXACT numerical figure given for EXACTLY how long the app was running in the background.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not reading this entire mammoth of a thread. But, Windows as a platform and OS is superior. The issue doesn't stem from OS level features, it stems from app support. Having used the iPhone for about 6 months now, it's terrible. The OS is a poor excuse of an operating system. But, it has amazing support and releases of first party apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
There is another feature IOS has lately according to my "all apple" colleague.

Regular complete IOS9 OS updates to fix annoying bugs.
So even with only 6 devices out there, they seem not to be able to manage that huge number.....

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile doesn't have pattern screen lock or slide to unlock option.

Also there is no option to change unlock gesture, pattern lock or gesture lock or picture password.

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile also lacks silly features which any average Joe building can identify and put onto that os.

Like if you do cortana search and if no internet connection found there is no direct button to hit TRY AGAIN and if u press back key accidentally whole search statement gets erased.

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I know that live tiles are strength of windows 10 mobile but it lacks in that part too.

LIVE TILES by name are not exactly live and we were made fool since they only show periodic data at fixed intervals but they are not actually live .
Meaning they do not show live news feed or live information like how much internet speed u r getting and u can see on that live tile.
Also many more live info as suggested by Microsoft "live tiles" so called.

Also no interactive tiles yet.

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm talking about now. It isn't there right now in Windows 10 Mobile. Also, note the underlined and italicized word "detailed". Battery Saver only shows what percentage of battery was used and a bar graph with In Use and Background. There isn't an EXACT numerical figure given for EXACTLY how long the app was running in the background.

Also battery saver lacks aaverage Joe features .
LikeIt does not show
How much time phone will take to charge completely
Battery drainage rate
Battery charging rate
and many more
And also these features on the lock screen itself and with user interaction.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also battery saver lacks aaverage Joe features .
LikeIt does not show
How much time phone will take to charge completely
Battery drainage rate
Battery charging rate
and many more
And also these features on the lock screen itself and with user interaction.

With a Windows phone I never obsess about the battery as it always makes a day. Perhaps other phones require this...

I think there are enough battery apps if you want that data though.

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
With a Windows phone I never obsess about the battery as it always makes a day. Perhaps other phones require this...

I think there are enough battery apps if you want that data though.

No i am just saying about the feature too compete with ios
I am also a windows phone fan
But the biggest reason why windows phone battery makes the day is u cannot run multiple apps side by side like in android or Symbian or ios which drains battery less since u see a cramped resuming screen or the app itself gets crashed same with w10m.

Alo u cannot start a download in uc browser and minimize the app and let it download over mobile network like in Symbian phones. Due to this reason w10m is not gonna takeover mobile world.

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Only things to talk about are camera and live tiles. Rest nothing. Look for top mobiles anywhere...you will never find WP in top listing. Nowhere I see where there is atlest some enthusiasm about upcoming windows phones. Except on windows only forums, nobody seemsto give a damn about WP. If WP was so feature rich, then why? There are now plenty of great camera phones with android. The best here maps are there for android. They are having more ram so no more lagging issues. Forget apps, butthe basics are so complicated and you need to keep going forwards and backwards. Its never gona improve ever. They will never learn. With these pace, windows will be forever behind android. And I do not see any basic stuff changes in W10. Dont start with continum, 3d touch and all that sh!t. Just basic. Calender, alarm, OTG, ringtones, emails, browser. Thats it. And I don't think these come under 'App'.

Last edited:

visu9211

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re:

But he is not talking about other apps but MS own apps. They should be included in the comparison... You can argue that Apple Pay is part of their Wallet/passport app hence should be excluded. I think Apps that are part of the base OS or even from the Company are part of the base experience... Apple is miles ahead here...
Mail, Office, camera etc are part of the OS and MS seems to be doing a much better job with Office, Email & Skype on iOS/Android than Windows...

- I don't think WP10 supports Slo-Mo, Panorama etc out of the Camera app.
- Granular permission for Apps that are now also supported by Android M
- MS apps are better supported (if they appear at all on Win) on iOS/Android
- No Resuming on iOS apps
- Siri is almost universally supported while cortana is restricted to few countries/languages.
- Apple Pay
- General OS/Apps performance. Look at Camera, MS office etc.
- OS releases/updates are not hampered by carriers and good support of their devices as iPAD 2 and iPhone 4S supports the latest iOS 9.x. Same cannot be said about Windows devices. I am not sure if all WP8 devices will be supported by WP10. And lets not talk about RT devices.

And Many of the features listed Talal are in Beta and many of them would not be part of the OS when WP devices are released..

I have heard that Windows Hello will not be part of December release of Lumia 950/XL and would be part of a future update. And the whole update thing is yet to be seen and if MS would be able to provide updated in a timely manner to everyone. Before that, they have to launch the devices worldwide which I don't see happening this year... I think only handful of countries are supported at launch.

WP10 is again a dream that MS is selling and continuing their tradition of Over-Promise and Under-Deliver... Its their Coming Soon [SUP]TM[/SUP] approach to everything unless its the competition's platform.

Hazem Khaled

May 27, 2014
Visit site
another never ending debate where no one is right, i don't know why don't just everyone use the OS they like and let everyone live in peace, everyone has a different taste and that should be respected regardless of the details :asleep:

saurabh1991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
another never ending debate where no one is right, i don't know why don't just everyone use the OS they like and let everyone live in peace, everyone has a different taste and that should be respected regardless of the details :asleep:

No man we just want an is which does basic features of average Joe's os would do.

Lockscreen and notification on them and customization

A browser with complete download manager which is like in uc browser in which u can rename where to save and also full background download support.

Actionable notification's.

Also windows 10 m does not l have small widget like feature in android or Symbian phone in which u can put speed monitor small widget movable anywhere on display which shows live speed.

A battery saver full functional.

Music player any format and also can get lyrics by itself

Video player plays any format allows zoom in pan via touch and fast.

Email with Full functions

Photo video and app locking options which ithink w10m doesn't have also message locking

Custom ringtones

Video call voip call

Notes making option

World clock

Backup

Pdf reader

Office

Photo editor

sync

Just these features right in the os itself not from apps in w10 m

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Biggest feature it has that seems insane given where the app came from.... Mix radio compatibility. If mix radio isn't on wm10 at realease I have to question whether ill update my main driver to wm10 at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon