Adding Custom Ringtones/Email/SMS Sounds?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to add/use one's custom MP3's for Ringtones/Email/SMS Sounds? I searched the W10 Mobile forum and couldn't find a clear definitive answer/procedure.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to add/use one's custom MP3's for Ringtones/Email/SMS Sounds? I searched the W10 Mobile forum and couldn't find a clear definitive answer/procedure.

copy the ringtones from pc to the ringtone folder on your phone using a USB cable
Then go to the sound settings and scroll until you see them

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
copy the ringtones from pc to the ringtone folder on your phone using a USB cable
Then go to the sound settings and scroll until you see them

Thanks but I already dragged & dropped the files from my laptop to the Ringtone folder on my phone and none of the files show up. It
doesn't matter that my laptop is running on Windows 7, does it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but I already dragged & dropped the files from my laptop to the Ringtone folder on my phone and none of the files show up. It
doesn't matter that my laptop is running on Windows 7, does it?

no, it shouldn't. When selecting the ringtone, are you scrolling all the way up or down? And can you do a phone restart and check again?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the files I added are nowhere to be seen when scrolling up/down in Sounds/Ringtones and yes, I have done a soft reset multiple times .

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the files I added are nowhere to be seen when scrolling up/down in Sounds/Ringtones and yes, I have done a soft reset multiple times .

Yeah, the process is kind of awkward, I can agree with this. I forgot how I did it, but if I can do it again and it works, I will be glad to share.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I got it to work on my 950, using a Windows 7 computer at work.

First, does your file name end with .mp3? Make sure that it also meets the correct time frame for ringtones. DO NOT play it with Groove Music, btw. Did that mistake once so it recognized it as music.

That aside, what worked for me is what Chintan said but I didn't drag it, I just made a copy of the original file and pasted it into the Ringtones folder. While doing this, I went back to the Personalization folder and then went into Sounds to see if it's there. It took a while to refresh but it did show up. I don't know if I am paranoid or something but I kept it connected with the cable the whole time until it appeared.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Just use the official Ringtone Maker app, it lets you select songs and even edit a bit. Select your songs in the app and then you will be able to use them as ringtones and alarms.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I got it to work on my 950, using a Windows 7 computer at work.

First, does your file name end with .mp3? Make sure that it also meets the correct time frame for ringtones. DO NOT play it with Groove Music, btw. Did that mistake once so it recognized it as music.

That aside, what worked for me is what Chintan said but I didn't drag it, I just made a copy of the original file and pasted it into the Ringtones folder. While doing this, I went back to the Personalization folder and then went into Sounds to see if it's there. It took a while to refresh but it did show up. I don't know if I am paranoid or something but I kept it connected with the cable the whole time until it appeared.

Copy + Paste did the trick. Thanks Chintan and Libra89!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes