The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    This morning I text my wife and shortly after I get a few texts from my provider saying I'll be charged for using text-to-landline. I look at her text window thing and I see the selected number has changed to her workplace from her cell. I tried to change it, but the only two options were her two work lines and the cell is not listed. I deleted her work numbers from her profile, but that didn't help. All I could do was select text message from her contact info using the cell number and start a new text window.

I understand there will be issues with things locking up, etc, requiring reboot, but this is the first fail that has annoyed me. The $1 charge isn't a big deal, but the fact that I sent a message regarding her pending promotion to her workplace (doh!) annoys me.

Anything similar happen to anyone else? Now I have to go through my text messages to make sure nobody else's number has changed.

EDIT: Just realized it created a second profile and I had to merge them for it to work. Weird. Oh and I'm using the 950XL.
    Last edited by BrendonW; 03-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    03-21-2017 08:23 AM
    This morning I text my wife and shortly after I get a few texts from my provider saying I'll be charged for using text-to-landline. I look at her text window thing and I see the selected number has changed to her workplace from her cell. I tried to change it, but the only two options were her two work lines and the cell is not listed. I deleted her work numbers from her profile, but that didn't help. All I could do was select text message from her contact info using the cell number and start a new text window.

I understand there will be issues with things locking up, etc, requiring reboot, but this is the first fail that has annoyed me. The $1 charge isn't a big deal, but the fact that I sent a message regarding her pending promotion to her workplace (doh!) annoys me.

Anything similar happen to anyone else? Now I have to go through my text messages to make sure nobody else's number has changed.

EDIT: Just realized it created a second profile and I had to merge them for it to work. Weird. Oh and I'm using the 950XL.
    Are sure, you aren't running low on caffeine and created the second profile whilst half asleep....

Joking aside, I recall a few instances where my numbers changed from 0 to including +44 (which is the UK dialing code) on a preview build on my L920. But that was awhile back and it was fast ring build so bugs galore and therefore I didn't think too much of it.
    03-21-2017 10:17 AM
    LoL I had my energy drink.

I guess it was just a freak isolated incident. I still love my Windows phone.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    03-21-2017 02:22 PM