Guide: Installing full Windows 10 (ARM64) on Lumia 950 XL

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! You may have heard news about it already:

We have The Guide with the process to install the full Windows 10 ARM64 on the Lumia 950 XL. It's not the guide you heard before, BUT A VERY DETAILED ONE. Step by Step. It's not for dummies, but definitely not for low-level gurus.

It guides you to installa the Full Windows 10 ARM64 version. Yes, full the desktop OS, with the x86 emulation layer and all.

The Guide can be accessed here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtXoQFW327DIyLNkIoZYtXadj-mdww

Also, there a Telegram group to assist people in the process: Please, join here https://t.me/joinchat/Ey6mehEPg0Fe4utQNZ9yjA

We're currently looking for developers for the project because, at the moment, there are essential features missing like networking (Wi-Fi and cellular), Bluetooth and graphics acceleration.

If you know anybody that could help, please, contact us here or in the Telegram group.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Time to find a cheap 950 xl again...

But the screen would be tiny, even in tablet mode, and the calling and texting functions won't work. If you could dual boot it this way, and the HDMI via usb-c still worked, then I could see a point in it.

Otherwise it just seems like a weird little experiment for the heck of it. I mean, power to anyone that wants to do that of course...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
But the screen would be tiny, even in tablet mode, and the calling and texting functions won't work. If you could dual boot it this way, and the HDMI via usb-c still worked, then I could see a point in it.

Otherwise it just seems like a weird little experiment for the heck of it. I mean, power to anyone that wants to do that of course...

Remember that @nate0 is the same person that went through the process of finding a way to silence the Elite x3 camera. He did other things with that phone too, and also found a way to enable VoLTE for the unlocked 950.

As I said before, he really is the ideal person to do this.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Remember that @nate0 is the same person that went through the process of finding a way to silence the Elite x3 camera. He did other things with that phone too, and also found a way to enable VoLTE for the unlocked 950.

As I said before, he really is the ideal person to do this.

Well if people can get the drivers working (wifi and 4g, the speakers), and get it to dual boot, it could actually be really cool. So good to have techy phone people working with it.

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Good news. We even have released a set of scripts to automate the process :) You can find a link to them in the Guide. I don't want to spam you all :)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Reading this thread had me thinking that this is very much up your alley! I'm curious how this will go for you when you can find one, which I know that you will find.

Just got one today. Now I will need to decide how long to enjoy it before trying to break into it, installing different OS. It can be time consuming is the other thing. Lately I have just been in a rhythm of using my Windows phones daily for media consumption along with emai/text/phone calls. The 950 XL is one of my favorite Windows devices so using it back in my routine again is soothing...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just got one today. Now I will need to decide how long to enjoy it before trying to break into it, installing different OS. It can be time consuming is the other thing. Lately I have just been in a rhythm of using my Windows phones daily for media consumption along with emai/text/phone calls. The 950 XL is one of my favorite Windows devices so using it back in my routine again is soothing...

Sweet! Hm, yeah that does make it hard, but I get how you feel about it being soothing. This whole thing sounds time consuming so I get why you're hesitant at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99