Reminders to fav. Places

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So..cortana works grew to remind me to go to work..but why she don't reminds me to go to my appointments with a full address in "location" in the calendar..those places are even marked in "places " in notebook..is she even able to make it??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So..cortana works grew to remind me to go to work..but why she don't reminds me to go to my appointments with a full address in "location" in the calendar..those places are even marked in "places " in notebook..is she even able to make it??

The current version of Cortana can give you departure-related reminders for location-based appointments for your "Home" and "Work" places only. This does not include any of the other places listed in the "Places" in "her" notebook.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sorry about the "she"..do you know if these feature will ever make it to our OS?

I don't know if this particular feature will be coming, but I think I read somewhere that MS is working on the back-end side of Cortana so that "she" would be able to recognize and use the locations the user has included to create departure-related reminders - or reminders that tell the user to leave (depart) at a certain time to go to his appointment.

So far, Cortana can only alert you once you arrive in or depart from any of the places listed in "her" notebook.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So essentially you are saying that this feature is coming..I means..the ability she have now to tell me when to go/leave work and home ..will expand to all places in ger nitrbook

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Based on what I read, yeah, it's coming. I have to look for that article or forum, though - I read quite a lot of things in one day. It's a rumor so I'm not really looking forward to seeing it live, but I'm certainly hoping that it's true.:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon