Why won't the App Store open in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I open the app store, the splash screen comes up and then just disappears and nothing ever happens. Had anyone seen a fix for this?

Jasmine L

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: App Store won't open Windows 10

This is what happens to me, too. The folder from above was empty, and I have tried everything I have found on the web. But I keep getting "You will need a new app to open this ms-windows-store" The OK button is consistently greyed out, and so I can't click on it. Help, please!

Stu Wright

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I found the following worked for me also
- Go to Start Menu > All Apps > Windows Power Shell
- Right click on Windows PowerShell and select run as administrator
- Enter the following command and press enter:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Scutu Mix

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Similar problem here. But is not even open anything - like the start menu shortcut is not working. Nothing opens and no errors.
I've read most of the post and nothing worked!

Microsoft know about this?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I tried all those SFC and DISM command and it did nothing so finally I created a new profile (account) and everything worked fine. My original account was a Microsoft account and the new account I created was a local account. After logging in with the local account I logged into the Store and One drive with my MS account and it works fine. I use the command prompt (adminstrator) command to create the account then used the command prompt command to assign admin rights to that account.

rona tamina

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
still doesnt work for me.

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios
."

i dont know anymoreee:cry:

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Similar problem here. But is not even open anything - like the start menu shortcut is not working. Nothing opens and no errors.
I've read most of the post and nothing worked!

Microsoft know about this?

Yeah I can't open Store, Groove, Mail and Calendar. etc. This is the 2nd time his happens this week. I already did a repair installation of Windows and now I'm having the same issue again. I don't think I've reinstalled a version of Windows as often as Windows 10. This version of Windows is pretty garbage. Win7 could at least go one year before I would even think about having it reinstalled.

Plasbot

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Jonathan Stacey!!
-Thanks buddy your solution worked for me!
I tried all the other solutions: deleting the cache folder (multiple times), logging on with local admin, wsreset, the "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | ...", nothing worked until I took control of the WindowsApps folder as you described. After taking control of the folder I was able to run the powershell command with NO errors and the store came back up.
So anybody if you are having a bunch of errors come up in red whenever you try the powershell command, go back and take control of the WindowsApps folder first and then run the powershell command.

The only problem is now I cannot figure out how to give ownership of the folder back to TrustedInstaller because TrustedInstaller does not come up in the list when I go to change ownership. But whatever it's working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon