apps cant update?

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
hey guys, these apps are giving me trouble updating. they want to be installed into the phones memory instead of my sd card, but refuses to do so even if I eject my card. anyone know a trick around this? phone is lumia 1520 att with latest preview build

Screenshot (4).png

Tanno76

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Go into storage and tap on sd card scroll down to the app that needs moving and tap that app, it gives you the option to move to device. Then once it is moved check for updates again and they should go.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Go into storage and tap on sd card scroll down to the app that needs moving and tap that app, it gives you the option to move to device. Then once it is moved check for updates again and they should go.

Nah doesn't work, even after a soft reset or removing the SD completely

It Wasnt Me

Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, that's odd. I have a 1520 too and changing storage was the way to go. Then, since you removed the SD, just uninstall and reinstall the app.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I found the problem guys :)

these apps were installed on my sd card from earlier versions before the update, this update made it mandatory for these apps to be installed on the device instead, so when it tried to "update" the apps on the device, there weren't there to be updated. I had to go into the storage settings and move the apps from my sd to internal storage, and now they are updated!

thanks guys!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon