help 100% disk usage problem, win10 - common causes?

droidiscute

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
does anyone know the best way to solve this type of problem? or how to diagnose this problem? or the most common reasons for why it happens?

* happens on startup and just randomly from time to time

* solves by itself randomly

* the performance mointer thingy shows it's not any of programs cos none of them are high at all

been happening for like... i don't know whenever win10 first came out, i just never asked and could never find an answer

Last edited:

Dee12321pan

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
First of all DON'T WORRY! :) It's pretty common problem for Windows 10 users & I found a tricky way myself which solved the 100% disk usage & occasional freezing issues during Windows environment logged on time, but failed to rectify boot time 100% disk usage! :( Well here you go---
------------------------------------(Follow the steps)------------------------------------
1) Run> services.msc> Right click on "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"-----Capture.PNG
Then select "Stop" from right click context menu & then go to properties in the same menu. Under startup type(middle of the 'properties' page) select the dropdown and click on 'Disable". IT'S 50% of your solution! :)

Dee12321pan

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
2)In the services.msc page find "Superfetch" & do the EXACT same things with that too! restart your PC, SHOULD do the job! :) Now you've done 100% solution of your problem. :)

Important: This procedure follow DID solve my issue/s & I've seen it failing on many of my friends' PCs! :( I would like to know more about problem status aftre following my aforementioned steps. :) Regards from India. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

queensoft

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
The Resource Monitor is very good for this, you're probably not using it right or the high load is so fast you don't catch it.
First, disable screen saver, hibernation, screen off... everything that might turn off the display/computer.
Then launch Resource Monitor , go to Disk tab > Disk activity > click Total (B/sec) column, so it's ordered in descending order > leave the computer like that and keep an eye on the numbers and programs.
You'll probably find something like defrag or fetch or saearch index or other program running in the background from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)