The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    does anyone know the best way to solve this type of problem? or how to diagnose this problem? or the most common reasons for why it happens?

* happens on startup and just randomly from time to time

* solves by itself randomly

* the performance mointer thingy shows it's not any of programs cos none of them are high at all

been happening for like... i don't know whenever win10 first came out, i just never asked and could never find an answer
    Last edited by droidiscute; 07-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    07-12-2017 11:13 PM
    First of all DON'T WORRY! :) It's pretty common problem for Windows 10 users & I found a tricky way myself which solved the 100% disk usage & occasional freezing issues during Windows environment logged on time, but failed to rectify boot time 100% disk usage! :( Well here you go---
    ------------------------------------(Follow the steps)------------------------------------
    1) Run> services.msc> Right click on "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"-----capture.png
    Then select "Stop" from right click context menu & then go to properties in the same menu. Under startup type(middle of the 'properties' page) select the dropdown and click on 'Disable". IT'S 50% of your solution! :)
    07-12-2017 11:45 PM
    2)In the services.msc page find "Superfetch" & do the EXACT same things with that too! restart your PC, SHOULD do the job! :) Now you've done 100% solution of your problem. :)

Important: This procedure follow DID solve my issue/s & I've seen it failing on many of my friends' PCs! :( I would like to know more about problem status aftre following my aforementioned steps. :) Regards from India. :)
    07-12-2017 11:48 PM
    Here are several 'issues' regarding 100% disk usage. One of these may be your cause.

I've not had this issue myself but my wife's computer has it's moments so I'll be looking into some of these myself.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...10-devices-wit

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-05b9499533e2

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...on-windows-10/

7 Tips to Fix 100% Disk Usage & Improve Windows Performance
    07-14-2017 03:13 AM
    The Resource Monitor is very good for this, you're probably not using it right or the high load is so fast you don't catch it.
    First, disable screen saver, hibernation, screen off... everything that might turn off the display/computer.
    Then launch Resource Monitor , go to Disk tab > Disk activity > click Total (B/sec) column, so it's ordered in descending order > leave the computer like that and keep an eye on the numbers and programs.
    You'll probably find something like defrag or fetch or saearch index or other program running in the background from time to time.
    07-26-2017 01:34 AM