Spring update 8.1 glitch

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I started a thread regarding the charms bar in windows 8.1 before the update. I have now installed the new update and my beautiful charms bar has now become my elusive charms bar. Find the charms. Please someone tell me this is a bug.
When on metro screen ( using desktop pc ) when I move my mouse to right hand side nothing happens, I move it up, down, nothing if I put mouse half way down my apps start scrolling. I am not scrolling just trying to find the charms. It's the same on desktop I have to move the mouse up and down before I find it.
Now I know this is not a big issue in the big scheme of things, but I like and use those charms, there is a huge clock that comes up which I find extremely useful.
So I'm hoping some kind person out there can help me find my charms.
Thankyou

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you are on desktop , you can drag your mouse pointer to the top left corner to open charms menu or just press windows + C button to open charms menu ;) this is not a glitch :smile:

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
If you are on desktop , you can drag your mouse pointer to the top left corner to open charms menu or just press windows + C button to open charms menu ;) this is not a glitch :smile:

Thanks for that. I've got it but I need to be patient because it no longer appears instantly like it did before.
Thanks for the keyboard shortcut. I only use a keyboard for putting in words as I have no idea what the rest of it does.
As you can see I'm computer illiterate.
I bought this last year made sure it had everything I needed then discovered the usb ports at the front don't work. Phoned Asus and got some guy tell me I needed an adapter because there usb 3 ports. I don't believe him but I'm stumped as to how to fix it. I did search online and omg the tech speak had me crying into my beer.
So at least I've got the charms bar back. Thankyou

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To get the charms bar, I've always shot the mouse pointer to the upper-right corner and slid down a bit. That works after the update exactly as it did before the update.

Oddly enough, I can't connect to my work VPN after the update. I just switched ISPs at home, thought it might be the new ISP. But maybe it's not...

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
To get the charms bar, I've always shot the mouse pointer to the upper-right corner and slid down a bit. That works after the update exactly as it did before the update.

Oddly enough, I can't connect to my work VPN after the update. I just switched ISPs at home, thought it might be the new ISP. But maybe it's not...

Nope, tried different vpns on different laptops with the new os update, none of them work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon