Titan Bugs Report Thread [Updated 12/16/11]

GudsFortapelse

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if this is an OS, or a TITAN discrepancy, so forgive me...but is anyone else having an issue with the microphone volume in Tango? I had no complaints when using it on my Surround, but on the TITAN, everyone I call complains that they can barely hear me, if at all. I even exchanged (luckily) my TITAN for another one, and still the same problem. I used a headset and people hear me just fine, its just when I use the built-in mic that I get complaints...and just to let it be known, I have went through every troubleshooting process you can think of (hence the phone exchange). Thoughts or feedback is appreciated. And for the record, I also have the bleeding light on my windows button, and crappy 4G speeds.

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this a few times. If I set my phone down on the screen side, while the screen is on and I pick it up to use it again, the screen goes nuts! Lol. The buttons to do work and the screen is shaking like crazy. Lol. If I lock the screen and unlock it again, it seems normal again. Weird.

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this a few times. If I set my phone down on the screen side, while the screen is on and I pick it up to use it again, the screen goes nuts! Lol. The buttons to do work and the screen is shaking like crazy. Lol. If I lock the screen and unlock it again, it seems normal again. Weird.

I just tried to simulate this with no succuss. My phone looked fine. Any other details? How long do i leave the phone face down?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to simulate this with no succuss. My phone looked fine. Any other details? How long do i leave the phone face down?

Just a few seconds to a minute. Could you try on an area that is not flat, so perhaps part of the screen is being touched? Like a blanket or something similar?

I just tried it 3 times and it only did it the last try. Its not really a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. I have not seen that before with other touchscreen devices I've owned.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My proximity sensor does not turn the screen back on when I pull the phone from my face after a long call. And similarly, during a long call, the HTC feature of auto speaker phone when face down stops working. Basically the proximity sensor stops working after some number of minutes into a call.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
call quality is suspect... lack of depth creates a muddled effect to listeners.

Don;t know if this has been mentioned but it's almost a deal breaker for someone who uses this phone for business

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
call quality is suspect... lack of depth creates a muddled effect to listeners.

Don;t know if this has been mentioned but it's almost a deal breaker for someone who uses this phone for business

this is true... not really having fun with call quality. I thought that was one of the Plus points on this phone, based on some reviews.
with the bugs and the wifi problems, i'm not too happy. If there was a 4' iphone i would have jumped.
I really like wp UI but they needed to fix a few on things on this device. it could have easily been the best phone on AT&T.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would say call quality is flat out bad, coming from Blackberry. Its a shame, this phone is so sweet but it really misses on a couple points.

swansonp

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It's good to hear others confirming my feeling on the call quality...Not good. It is plenty loud but something about it makes it very hard to understand callers. This is really disappointing since I like everything else about this phone, but I use this for business and I have had to ask people to repeat themselves way too many times already. Never had a problem understanding callers with the previous phone (Blackberry 9000).

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It def seems like it's just the speaker, to me. Perhaps, try a headset? I would say try the speakerphone, but I know that just not useful most of the time. Lol

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My Titan randomly reboots sometimes. It happens often when I plug it into a charger. I also get complaints that people can't hear me during calls like i'm whispering.

planetbrian411

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Microphone Issue

Every person we talk to says we sound "terrible, muffled, in a can". We have two of these with no case on the phones and no apps installed.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My Titan randomly reboots sometimes. It happens often when I plug it into a charger. I also get complaints that people can't hear me during calls like i'm whispering.

I had this reboot problem, but the phone dies very shortly thereafter (see thread Titan DOA?). Picked it up one evening as a swap for my original Titan ( which had minor problems in comparison). Activated @9:30 pm. At least 3 random reboots before I went to sleep. Set the alarm...woke up at 3am to find it stuck on the HTC screen. Completely dead: would boy turn on or off. Battery pull made no difference. Would not even take a charge....I literally watched it go dead.

Took it back 1st thing the nex morning & they replaced again. I would encourage you to swap yours asap. The progression of random reboot problem does NOT end well... Do it while within your 1st 30 days in order to get another new one (vs refurb). Once refurbs are in the mix, we all will know what possible problems got them sent back...and nobody would want one of those!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
For those with call quality issues have you pulled the back off or tried to get to the speaker to check if theirs lint or some physical obstruction over the speaker? Maybe QC at the factory was not so thorough in their job! Its worth a shot!

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if this is an OS, or a TITAN discrepancy, so forgive me...but is anyone else having an issue with the microphone volume in Tango? I had no complaints when using it on my Surround, but on the TITAN, everyone I call complains that they can barely hear me, if at all. I even exchanged (luckily) my TITAN for another one, and still the same problem. I used a headset and people hear me just fine, its just when I use the built-in mic that I get complaints...and just to let it be known, I have went through every troubleshooting process you can think of (hence the phone exchange). Thoughts or feedback is appreciated. And for the record, I also have the bleeding light on my windows button, and crappy 4G speeds.

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express
I get the same thing all the time. If i call someone on speaker we're just yelling hello for a few minutes until the mic picks up or something. :confused:

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Bugs in speakerphone?

I think something is wrong with the speakerphone option. When I initiate it there is a delay before the person can hear me. Some businesses have even hung up on me i guess thinking it was a prank call. :mad:

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think something is wrong with the speakerphone option. When I initiate it there is a delay before the person can hear me. Some businesses have even hung up on me i guess thinking it was a prank call. :mad:
Yes I've experienced this too - didn't know if I was doing something wrong or not!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes