Focus Flash not charging

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Searched the forums and did not find this problem related specifically to the Focus Flash, so here goes. My two month old Focus Flash has stopped responding when I plug in the charging cable to either my computer or the wall charger. Nothing of note has happened to possibly damage the handset. Just woke up one morning, plugged it in and got nothing. I've done all the battery pull tricks I can think of and run through all the codes I could dig up on the diagnostic screen. No chime when I plug it in, no battery charging symbol, nada. Cable seems to be fine as I tried three different ones and all three of them seem to work great with my old Focus and the wife's Focus. Anyone have any suggestions of something else I might try before I go do battle with AT&T to try and get it replaced? Thanks.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So, before finally throwing in the towel for good, I looked inside the power connector with a flahlight and saw that it was bent downward a bit possibly allowing the cable to enter but not engage the connection because the cable was going into the port but the connector was slipping underneath as it entered. I took a feeler gauge and bent it ever so slightly and gently upward. Plugged in the cable and presto, its now charging again. Hope this story might help someone else.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Reahiek

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
OMFG thanks

Omg I made an account just to thank you. I had my "thin sharp object" in my hand and the next resort was to insert it thoroughly into the touchscreen. Thanks so much again!

dasjet

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Searched the forums and did not find this problem related specifically to the Focus Flash, so here goes. My two month old Focus Flash has stopped responding when I plug in the charging cable to either my computer or the wall charger. Nothing of note has happened to possibly damage the handset. Just woke up one morning, plugged it in and got nothing. I've done all the battery pull tricks I can think of and run through all the codes I could dig up on the diagnostic screen. No chime when I plug it in, no battery charging symbol, nada. Cable seems to be fine as I tried three different ones and all three of them seem to work great with my old Focus and the wife's Focus. Anyone have any suggestions of something else I might try before I go do battle with AT&T to try and get it replaced? Thanks.
I was on the way to give it to service center.
Thanks a lot brother. :)

akeithp17

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I was afraid of touch screen phones because I am so hard on them. Only ever had one flip phone live longer than 4 months and that includes the ones made to survive a rugged life style. Finally caved and got this phone. Love it. Had it almost two years and the only notable problems were a bloated battery and now it won't charge. Don't want to give up the phone but the not charging is such a major problem. Thought I was doomed. In a last ditch effort I decided to look into repairing it. I have a limited knowledge of electronics, I thought "how hard can it be". I typed in my model number and it suggested "won't charge" I clicked the first option, and I'll be... This simple fix solved a problem I've been living with for over two months. Thank you so very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra