Grey color different on White Lumia 800

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just sent my wife's White Lumia 800 to Nokia to get the proximity sensor fixed under warranty. For some reason they put on a new LCD display. I thought, score new screen!

Anyway so I'm setting it up and I immediately notice the grey of the keyboard is different to the grey of my Lumia 800 (which is black). I could be wrong but I think each model has a different model number and the white it 0059N7M7. I only worked that out from the support site which tells us when the models are updated here: Software Update availability for Nokia Lumia phones in Australia - Nokia

I checked the firmware and hardware revision numbers on both Lumias and the firmware is the same but the hardware revision numbers are different. They are:

My black Lumia:112.1402.2.3
Wife's white Lumia: 112.1402.2.4

I loaded up the same photo on both phones and noticed the blues and greens are slightly different too. I made sure brightness was the same on both phones. Now to me, the colours looked better on my phone, the grey on my wifes phone is a bit yuck to look at, but I could be wrong and maybe its the way the colours should be and the hardware revision number shows an update and the colours are correct on the white Lumia. I notice just in general as well the whites and Tile colours just aren't as vibrant or the same.

I've attached a photo to this post of the keyboards and you will see the greys are different.

Anyways does anyone else have a white and black Lumia with the same revision numbers that I have, and if you do can you see if your greys are different too? I'll be contacting Nokia Care regarding this and see if they have an answer and maybe they have replaced the screen with a dud one.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a black Lumia with the same hardware revision number as you. The colour of my keyboard is about the same as the phone on the right in that image. Blacks and greys seem ok when comparing it with my IPS monitor (I don't really have anything else to compare it to ;))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon