822 (or WP8) and Bluetooth not playing well together

BRLOhio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My 822 is streaming via Bluetooth to my Plantronics 903+ earphone set. I am using Tune In, and or I Heart (makes no difference which one). Streams great with very high quality sound. I highly recommend these earphones.
903+ has a pause button on the right earpiece, and a "phone initiate" / "answer call" button on the left. Both work great to either "pause" or "Answer call". The "Initiate Call" button even works great to command the phone to call anyone in my phone book.

The problem I am having:

When the phone is asked to resume play of In Tune or I Heart, either after the phone call is completed, or whenever the pause button is pressed to resume play, the phone doesn't respond. To cause the phone to resume play, I have to use the phone screen to back out of the streaming app and restart the station. It then displays "connecting....." but goes no farther until I touch the stop (square) button which then toggles to the play arrow. After hitting the play arrow it then immediately starts the stream, and everything is good until the next pause or phone call, then I have to repeat the described procedure yet again.
Is this a convienience feature (sarcasm intended) of the WP or Micro-sort-of-works, or is my stuff broke? Anyone else experiancing this problem?

Thanks for your responses!

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm have not noticed this ever with my phone but I do not use Tune In or I Heart. I have used my 822 with Nokia Music (streaming radio stations) as well as Pandora (which is free until the end of this year for us) and never had this problem... oh yeah I use it both in the car and my motorcycle helmet mounted BT headset.

That being said, some questions that might help:

- Does it ever happen with locally stored music or that music does resume playback correctly?
- Can you try Pandora or Nokia Music (there are a bunch of free stations you can listen to in Nokia Music that are also streaming)?
- Do you use WhatsApp? If yes - did you update it recently? I ask because WhatsApp used to use the streaming audio API that would mess with my streaming apps on occasion, but if you are running latest builds with proper background processing - it should not be a problem

BRLOhio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I had not tried Nokia Music or Pandora on this phone, so on your recommendation I tried them both and they worked flawlessly.
Neither however has a "Talk Radio" feed, which is what I prefer in the afternoons. That being said...I am now Jamming to some Boston from Pandora. They just don't make music like that anymore. Thanks for the suggestion I try it!

I dont use WhatsApp

Quess the problem is with how the Apps integrate with the phone or operating system. I'll just have to learn to live with it. Thanks for the response.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if that is the case - I'd say to email the developers within the app - there is usually a feedback link, with your repro steps. Sounds like it is an app issue then. Pandora is also a "3rd party" app so it must be possible to implement properly...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon