Mute problem / Can you reassign camera hard button?

grantallen

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, I am on conference calls a lot for work (huge surprise, I know) and am having an issue getting the phone to "wake up" so that I can unmute the phone and speak. When I'm on a long call, the phone goes to sleep and it has issues waking up basically. Sometimes I will hit the power button, shake it, tap the screen, etc. and it will not wake up immediately. So, I am unable to unmute the phone for several seconds, which makes me look really bad on conference calls.

My old Blackberry had a hard button for Mute, which I used all the time. Is there a way to re-assign the side camera button for the Mute/unmute function?

If not, how do I properly "wake up" the phone so I can avoid this problem?

Thanks so much!

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

Unfortunately you can't reassign the camera button. I think you just should tap the poser button.

grantallen

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I have tried tapping the power button to wake the phone up, but that doesn't seem to work consistently if I've been on Mute for a long period of time... I wonder if it is just my phone or if it is a more widespread issue? Too bad there is no way to reassign one of the hard buttons.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I am on conference calls a lot for work (huge surprise, I know) and am having an issue getting the phone to "wake up" so that I can unmute the phone and speak. When I'm on a long call, the phone goes to sleep and it has issues waking up basically. Sometimes I will hit the power button, shake it, tap the screen, etc. and it will not wake up immediately. So, I am unable to unmute the phone for several seconds, which makes me look really bad on conference calls.

My old Blackberry had a hard button for Mute, which I used all the time. Is there a way to re-assign the side camera button for the Mute/unmute function?

If not, how do I properly "wake up" the phone so I can avoid this problem?

Thanks so much!

May I make suggestion? If you are on the conference calls a lot you may want to use a nice stereo bluetooth headset. That way you can go completely hands-free, and the mute becomes unnecessary.

grantallen

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks; yes, I have so many bluetooth speakers and headsets, it's getting a little out of hand! I've actually had to purchase an additional stereo headset because my Lumia has such poor volume over my old bt earpieces, but that's another issue... in any case, thanks for the suggestion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes