New Lockscreen "Feature".....

PixelSpielkind

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Just installed the 10041 Preview on my HP Stream 7

Does Microsoft really plan to keep that Lockscreen "Press Windows Key and Power Key to Unlock, or press CTRL ALT DELETE" Nonsense ???
Since my Tablet is locked automatically after 15 Minutes, I can?t unlock it anymore by swiping up and typing my password...

Even worse - I can?t unlock it AT ALL since the Stream 7 dies not recognize the Windows Key Press until you?re logged in. Seems to be a specific Stream 7 Problem, since it works on the Surface Pro 3. Yeah I know it?s a technical preview etcetc., but I don?t really get the reason behind that new Unlock procedure...

ANY Idea how to disable that "feature" via the Registry? I don?t want to disable the Password, but I want to be able to swipe up again to unlock when a password is needed. :smile:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I assume you have changed both the screensaver/timeout options and the power options?

I did have this and randomly it appeared to do it, but 95% of the time I could awake the pc (surface) by swiping/hitting the space bar.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually like this feature, It has happened to me on several occasions the screen unlocked by accident which would possibly cause all sorts of issues and obviously waste battery.

I assume you left feedback on the app for this with MSFT..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon