Why does my Lumia 520 lags with the Windows 10 update?

Arvind Mehra

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
lumia 520 lags with windows 10 update.

I just updated with much awaited windows 10 OS. After 3 hours of installation process i was disappointed to see the performance of Windows 10 on lumia 520.

Its been lagging like hell. Everything is damn slow and responses atleast 3 seconds later my action.

Are you experiencing the same problems as i am.

SpiDe1500

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 520 lags with windows 10 update.

I just updated with much awaited windows 10 OS. After 3 hours of installation process i was disappointed to see the performance of Windows 10 on lumia 520.

Its been lagging like hell. Everything is damn slow and responses atleast 3 seconds later my action.

Are you experiencing the same problems as i am.
Yes, This is normal due to the fact it us a Alpha Version. I hope you did not install it on your main device!!!

DecaTec_de

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I have the Win10TP installed on a 530, too. Yes, sometimes it's a bit slow, but most of the time it's pretty smooth with no lags at all.
If you have the time, try to reset your phone with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool and install Win10 from that vanilla state. I do think that the in place update will not gain the full performance.
Otherwise you could wait for any updates making things better.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes the W10 is not optimized that well at the moment. It lags on my 625 and lagged on my wife's 1320. I don't have it on my 930 obviously, but I am sure if it was, it would lag on that too.

Granted that after a day or so the 625 got better and didn't lag as much, but it still has its moments.

To reduce the lag, make sure you don't have anything trying to synchronize to anything on the net, such as One Drive. When you start up your phone and periodically while the phone is on, it will attempt to upload/download photos, backups, settings, etc.... If you have those things set.

Secondly, check your background tasks and switch off as many things as you can that you don't need on unless they're really important.

You may even want to go as far as disabling most live tiles and toast notifications.

As W10 is not yet optimized, do not expect it to work as well as 8.1. The more things you can switch off and free up memory / CPU from, the more resources W10 can use.... Which means less performance issues.

As W10 gets more updates and better optimized, you can start to switch things back on.

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Do not try to revert to 8.1 using the Recovery Tool, I tried to do that and my phone can not turn on anymore. L520;

Prash ant

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
updated all night lumia 520 fron 8.1 to 10.. and yet start screen not showing.. what to do:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
updated all night lumia 520 fron 8.1 to 10.. and yet start screen not showing.. what to do:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Hold volume down+power button to soft reset,start screen should reappear after a minute when it turns back on,go to settings and do a hard reset from there,this will fix that problem and any others you may have.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Same here, 520, TP 10, update took 2 hours, screen just showed loading, could access setting screen only through toggles in notification centre, did hard reset, lag is there, photos in sd card didn't show, performance severely dented, reverted back to 8.1.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo