W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Although we can discuss workarounds here - PLEASE make sure you add your troubles and file them in the Feedback app. That's the ONLY way they will be fixed in next build.

1) Have you done a clean install?
2) Have you tried to reboot your phone?
3) Have you tried a hard reset?

If you still reproduce the bug/defect - it is real - lets talk about it.

Last edited:

Abhimanyu Gupta

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My ICON is going into boot loop after installing build 10136 ..

I have hard resetted the phone. I will update once it is complete.
Right now it is a bad idea to install this build on lumia ICON.

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: My ICON is going into boot loop after installing build 10136 ..

I'm also doing a hard reset (but on an 830) after the phone came up, but its setting app was missing. Going to "All Settings" wanted me to look for an app in the store. Also, only about 1/3 of the apps actually ran. Tapping the tiles of others just did nothing. Just reverted back to 8.1 yesterday so... the upgrade process is pretty sketchy at the moment.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Same with 930. In fact, no browser appeared! Both Internet Explorer and Project Spartan were gone and nothing for Edge.. MS Edge.. Microsoft Edge.. Etc.

Hoping hard reset (still in progress) fixes. Other wise.. software recovery (again) ..

Abhimanyu Gupta

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

After hard reset most of the things are working fine now. This build is way ahead of the 10080. Only problem I have noticed till now is that I can not use live lockscreen beta. It crashes the phone. Everything else is running smooth.

-Spartan browser is blazing fast.
-No resuming.
-I can restore from backup that I made while I was on Win phone 8.1. This failed repeatedly on last build.

I will update if I find any bugs.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

GORGEOUS Build on the Lumia 930 - but you have to Hard Reset. If you don't it's a steaming pile of nightmare..

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
10136 On Lumia 930

Hey this is a GREAT Build for the 930 - but the fine print is - as long as you Hard Reset after installation. I was coming from 8.1 Update 2, but Start Screen issues, missing apps and duplicate apps were all present. Was about to rollback and decided to try Hard Reset, Clean Install first - and I am happy I did - the OS is Gorgeous on the 930! My only complaint is I don't like the buttons on the application jumplist - I prefer simple, clean and plain - I don't dig the 3D shadow/highlight - but it's something I can live with.

JumplistDirButtons.jpg

Here is what I have noticed:

- Music App has to be downloaded from the Beta Store which I thought was weird. Be sure you eliminate an old device on your Xbox MusicPass. Once you do, restart - and guess what - MUSIC DOWNLOADS ARE BACK!!!! This is huge.
- Project Spartan works great - noticed IE is now completely gone.
- Store Account is SOLID - I was able to finally get the Lumia Camera Beta App for the 930
- Outlook Calendar and Mail works great (this was the final dealbreaker for me before..)

So in all - if you have a 930 on 8.1 and are willing to backup and do the hard reset - this is now a very nice little system - IMO now at the level of a true Developer Preview.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: 10136 On Lumia 930

This is the se one time that I'm resting my 930. At first installation, I liked the build but then decoded to reset to get everything "fresh". Did that and I got no start screen, no apps and nothing except a loading and resuming screen everytime I unlocked the phone.

So I'm resting it again and see if that helps. I wonder if its because I didn't leave the phone alone until everything settled for like an hour or so. But I did let the lock screen appear first with the time and date and left it there for an additional 15 mins but no results.

Hoping this second rest fixes the problem.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

This is the se one time that I'm resting my 930. At first installation, I liked the build but then decoded to reset to get everything "fresh". Did that and I got no start screen, no apps and nothing except a loading and resuming screen everytime I unlocked the phone.

Same thing happens on my Lumia 930 as well.

Perform hard reset 2 times w/o restoring and phone is stuckat ?Loading?? for hours after setting up everything. Able to answer incomingcalls, making a search if I press on the search button, capturing screenshotsand Vol up/down.

Finally hard reset again restoring past backup data and it?sup and running.

There is much work to be done on the upgrading/restoring process.

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
W10 Mobile Build 10052 to 10136?

I wanna try updating my Lumia 1520 to the latest build but it says (10.0.12534.59)

I know there's this new 10136 build but I am currently on 8.1 and I have no Idea if the code that my phone is saying is the NEWEST build.

I searched and found that it is build 10052
Is it a prerequisite update?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happens on my Lumia 930 as well.

Perform hard reset 2 times w/o restoring and phone is stuckat ?Loading?? for hours after setting up everything. Able to answer incomingcalls, making a search if I press on the search button, capturing screenshotsand Vol up/down.

Finally hard reset again restoring past backup data and it?sup and running.

There is much work to be done on the upgrading/restoring process.

I downgraded to 8.1 and I'm updating back to the preview. I'll see what's this goes. I really don't want to do a restore and if this doesn't work then I have no choice but to reset again and use a backup. Wow..they do need to fix the update process but at least hey addressed it in the blog post.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Are you all doing a reset with the phone buttons or from the menu? Full factory reset? And once you have a usable OS, are you restoring back ups?

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

- Outlook Calendar and Mail works great (this was the final dealbreaker for me before..)
Do they work for you with your primary Microsoft account that you used when you setup your phone?
Because when I open one of the apps then it keeps asking me to enter an account - if I do try to enter an "Outlook" account then I get the loading screen, and then it throws me back to the page where I can select what account (outlook, exchange, google...) I want to add.
When I then choose "exchange" then it lets me add the email adress and the password, but then it says that this account already exists!

Also my Contacts were all gone - and apparently WP10 10360 does not re-import them from my primary windows account either.

If I then add an other email to outlook mail, then I will only have that account showing up there - but not my primary windows account/mail that I used during the setup of the phone. :-/

Last edited:

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10 Mobile Build 10052 to 10136?

I'm currently running 8.1 sooo I was thinking if I download 10052 that's the time I can upgrade to 10136

I was expecting 8.1 to 10136 right away

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10 Mobile Build 10052 to 10136?

I'm currently running 8.1 sooo I was thinking if I download 10052 that's the time I can upgrade to 10136

I was expecting 8.1 to 10136 right away

Do you have 10052 queued for download, if do then that would need to be installed first before getting to 10136 as builds cant be skipped once queued. If not then you should be able to head straight to 10136. I'm on 8.1 gdr2 but because I have 10080 queued download, I either have to flash to 8.1 or wait until next week for 10146. Hope that helps.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My Problems with the newest Build

Hi,
I have been on Build 10080 and reverted back to 8.1 for the new build.
Upgraded and did a hard reset because I wanted to use the backup I had from the 10080 build. Didn't use the backup after the reverting to 8.1.
This is the first problem. After the Hard reset it didn't even offer me to use the Onedrive backup even though I can see it in the Onedrive login(two backups there now for the phone).
First big issues.
Live folders are not very good. Clunky - hardly renamable - don't show tile differences in the overview tile and don't always save the layout.
Cortana is wasting the top space 1/3 of the screen to tell me that this is the business news now and the tech news etc.
Apps sometimes don't install through beta store - sometimes they don't through the main store.
Glance and other Lumia specific settings are in the app list extras+info has an update in the beta store but doesn't load - maybe this would put the settings back into the settings list.
Mail app crashes really often so do other apps like maps apps.
Live tiles are not working really like weather, cortana etc.
wifi passwords are not synced with the Microsoft account :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb