BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
BUG:

After a few days all the alarm sound options went missing and I no longer hear any alerts when the time has come for an alarm. This is huge for me and although I enjoy this build, I need an alarm. Sadden that I will have to look at a third party app for such a basic function.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
heres a bug i have mentioned on another thread! yesterday my phone lost signal after a while i assumed it was the phone not the network. after restart and it may not be related i had many issues with apps. see screen shot! nearly every app had this error except a few key MS ones. the error stopped HERE working etc, this being one i can not re download. the others fixed themselves after uninstalling a downloading. it must be a license thing?

I hard reset in the end! took hours to sort out!108531d1436889863t-wp_ss_20150714_0002.png

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
found a workaround i hope for glance screen access. if you go to store/my library and open your apps up and scroll to bottom where it list apps that i no longer available you will see glance. when you open it it should refresh and say "open" doing this made a notification come up to restart. still not in menus but when i did the same again and opened, it took me to glance settings!

i recall it doing a glance update after the hard reset but i went to menus and it had gone but as above if this has happen to you? screen shots attached!
wp_ss_20150715_0001.pngwp_ss_20150715_0002.pngwp_ss_20150715_0004.png

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
BUG:

After a few days all the alarm sound options went missing and I no longer hear any alerts when the time has come for an alarm. This is huge for me and although I enjoy this build, I need an alarm. Sadden that I will have to look at a third party app for such a basic function.

The alarms app was updated recently and now you can choose your ringtone in the app (amongst your music or ringtones). Make sure to reconfigure your alarm(s), this has solved the issue for some users.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
New 830, up to date Denim. Updated to 10166 without a hitch.
the "Loading..." screen.

had this on mine too even after hard reset. What helped on mine was removing all tiles so everything would fit onto a single page. I also removed all folders. Reboot and the ...loading.. was gone.
I then added tiles and folders back one by one and could not fine the culprit. I have all important tiles and folders back and no more ....loading... showing up. Some people believe it is related to a tile with a weblink that was created in a previous version of IE (remnant from a restore from a backup e.g.).
Another thing that worked for me was to invoke the feedback site, let it open and the tap the home button and it would go to the start screen. Others found similar workarounds (like Cortana).

I've been using it since release and I am pretty happy with it on my L830.

​cheers

joehy

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem using lumia 520, I removed the sd card and it worked. but their a bug with the start screen it sometimes fails to unlock even after inputting the password I had to rollback to 8.1

joehy

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem using lumia 520, I removed the sd card and it worked. but their a bug with the start screen it sometimes fails to unlock even after inputting the password I had to rollback to 8.1

madura31

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile build 10166 going very well. Today apps updated. Outlook perfectly work for me. I'm using Lumia 930. Thanks Insider Team. Your work hard...! Good Luck.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile build 10166 going very well. Today apps updated. Outlook perfectly work for me. I'm using Lumia 930. Thanks Insider Team. Your work hard...! Good Luck.

Loving it on my 930 as well. Runs smoothly and looks beautiful. I really miss "hey Cortana" though. :'(

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I found some improvement in the latest Photo app update today. We can choosing background and lock screen picture directly from each photo from our Photo app, and from file manager also. Good to know that they're listening to us.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bugs that detract from my overall experience:

Outlook app has issues with Exchange and Gmail accounts.
When sharing to Outlook, attachments do not appear. But when I send an email they attach regardless of recipient.
Landscape rotation behavior unpredictable
Keyboard behavior unpredictable
Camera button does not unlock screen
Cannot view or install glance/system apps
Torch toggle keeps my camera on
Start screen image has a panoramic bug when used as a background.

Overall very solid build. Now I am using it as my daily driver :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bugs that detract from my overall experience:

Outlook app has issues with Exchange and Gmail accounts.
When sharing to Outlook, attachments do not appear. But when I send an email they attach regardless of recipient.
Landscape rotation behavior unpredictable
Keyboard behavior unpredictable
Camera button does not unlock screen
Cannot view or install glance/system apps
Torch toggle keeps my camera on
Start screen image has a panoramic bug when used as a background.

Overall very solid build. Now I am using it as my daily driver :)
That mirrors the experience on my L1520 almost exactly. The rotation behavior drives me nuts. It was bad already in 8.1, where apps in landscape would relaunch in portrait before realizing that they had to slowly turn to landscape. In WP10 apps seem to assume portrait until the phone changes orientation. Super annoying when the phone is in a dashboard mount: coming back to e.g. Garmin you'd have to take the phone out of the holder to fix the orientation.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if this has been mentioned but video playback is quite choppy on my l1020. Its almost a frame by frame playback. This is at the highest recording resolution. Changing to the lower resolution works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes