Missing navigation pane/folder list in Outlook

dcrncec

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I noticed that navigation pane in Outlook is missing (left side of screen I was able to easy switch between mail and calendar and navigate folders). What should I do to get it back?

Tia,
Danijel

dcrncec

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure how to take screenshoot. Will try to describe it as accurate as I can.
So, yesterday I had screen split on left and right side. On left side I used to have account list. In the bottom of left side I had 4 icons; switch from mail to calendar, one smiley for feedback settings and one more thing if I remember correct. On right panel there was a mail listing.
Now I got only list of messages and there is no way to switch between calendar and messages at all. :(

dcrncec

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
You are right, but I want to have permanent split between accounts and messages.
This single feature yesterday was dealbreaker after what I moved my primary SIM card from BlackBerry Passport to Lumia 1520.
All other features are very nice, but I was just delighted with mail handling (as my job requires me to handle multiple mail accounts at the same time).
Any idea about that? :(

Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing the same as you which means we've both got the same system except mine looks bigger which means yours is a bigger screen (1520?)

I've checked the options and settings but nothing like what you described earlier showed up.

What you've described seems like a nice feature. On the top left is the hamburger (is that it's called? typical US naming) menu which opens to show which accounts you have and an option to add account

dcrncec

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Something like that, but it was not a hamburger! It was static on right side!
Like this! I had same for mail and calendar!
outlook-week-view.png

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You have to adjust the text size to minimum scaling. Go to settings -> System -> Display and adjust the slider for text size to the left. If you use your phone in landscape mode you'll get the split screen back for some apps. Works also for smaller phones like Lumia 920.

dcrncec

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
You have to adjust the text size to minimum scaling. Go to settings -> System -> Display and adjust the slider for text size to the left. If you use your phone in landscape mode you'll get the split screen back for some apps. Works also for smaller phones like Lumia 920.
It is on smallest setting. :(
In landscape mode I got message list and not account list. Also, on picture from web there are icons for switching from mail to calendar (and reverse) and those are gone. Missing. Niente. Zilch. Zippo.
Someone help!!!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
This feature was actually a result of the 'tablet view' for phablets with high enough resolution. I am not sure what the minimum resolution requirement was. It was removed after build 10581. The email account navigation pane was removed to allow for larger email preview pane.

You can attempt the interop unlock hack from XDA to try and bring that tablet view feature back. Maybe 10586 will bring it back, who knows. Send feedback via the Windows Feedback app.

EDIT: It is possible the tablet view option was causing randomly phones to experience issues such as BSOD and boot looping. That may be why they removed it.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was removed with one of the latest updates. I loved having that calendar view on my 1520 and wish MS would bring it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas