Wp7 acting slow and strange stuff?

cenkaetaya

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey, ive noticed in the past two weeks or so my focus just runs kinda slow sometimes.

sometimes the browser just gets supperrrr slow for no reason.

the marketplace crashes and freezes all the time, this is already normal.

i find i now have to reboot my phone once every 3-4 days to get it to work fine.

now TODAY:

im at work, i scroll down to the bottom of my home sceen and the 4 pinned contacts on my phone are gone.

WTF?

no one has touched my phone and they were there yesterday.

I thought.. himm thats strange mayybeee somehow i have no idea how my phone did this in the pocket or something.

2 hrs later: i go to phone to call my friend i talk to everyday or so, i scroll down a little and dont see his name... knowing we talked yesterday.

i press search, type his name.. and WHAT? its not in my call history AT ALL.

WTF is going on?

ive noticed wp7 has been kinda buggy since day one, with small things, but this is just awful. I mean this is an OS that doesnt even do multitasking, there should be no lag freezing or anything slow of any kind yet this is something to worry about.

what will happen when wp7 adds many more features? does this mean im going to need a dual core smartphone to run marketplace normally?

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You might want to sync all your info to Windows Live and reset the phone. It's worth a shot if you are having that many issues. My Focus has not had these issues, except the marketplace freezing which does happen. The phone itself is plenty powerful enough to handle the basic OS tasks and marketplace. The marketplace itself has issues which I am hoping are addressed with the March update (which is making changes to the search capability).

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey if you reset your phone and lose all your paid apps, does MS allow you to re-download them for free like the iPhone does? Since Zune doesn't back up apps I would hope this is the case.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
App downloads are tied to your Live ID which you use to purchase apps. Switching carrier or network wont matter. You will have to re-download via your phone, and not Zune software however.

Ah thats what I thought, just needed clarification after that comment. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard