Bringing back the WP love

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright, there seems to be a lot of britches bunching going on here because the latest round of WP's don't allow us to fly, change water into Shirley Temples (settle down, I love 'em!) or have wiped the iPhone off the planet. Its bringing down Big D5's otherwise congenial demeanor. Well, probably not, but I figured if I tugged at your heart strings I'd grab you by the mangos amd you'd pay attention.

At any rate, instead of droning on about what the new phones DON'T have, lets get a thread going on what your favorite thing is that your current phone DOES have.

I bet it will be pretty cool. Ok, I will start us off:
I love that when I get to my home screen tiles, I've got my wife and daughter as tiles pinned at the top of my home screen

Next!

Mangos taste better than apples!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I also like the new white skin on my Focus with my red and black case mate pop case. Its rather tremendous looking. Like Tim Gunn AND Nina GAHrrrcia would like it tremendous.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
IE mobile. Amazingly is the best mobile web I have ever used. It's simple and very speedy.

Also the Netflix app on WP7 is superior to any other I have seen (android, iOS). Again, very fast compared to other phones.

P.S. I don't get this whole "D5" thing.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It started with Zune (how WP7 even got it's foor in my mobile door). Then contact-->social. Linked inbox, IE9 (strange to list this as a benefit 0.o), and generally, a sense that MS is actually putting effort into this, and wants us to use our smartphones less for using our smartphones, but actually for contacting people efficiently (in a media rich way? we'll have to see down the line).

EDIT: for the above poster, Netflix on my Focus is no faster than Moto Atrix, ASUS Transformer, and HTC Inspire :(

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
JEREMYSHAW FAIL. Only happy emoticons in this thread. D5 is the WPCentral queso Grande moderator and Mr Rourke (google "fantasy island tv show" for those of you who dont get that reference and think Jessica Simpson is the original Daisy Duke) of the forums.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It started with Zune (how WP7 even got it's foor in my mobile door). Then contact-->social. Linked inbox, IE9 (strange to list this as a benefit 0.o), and generally, a sense that MS is actually putting effort into this, and wants us to use our smartphones less for using our smartphones, but actually for contacting people efficiently (in a media rich way? we'll have to see down the line).

EDIT: for the above poster, Netflix on my Focus is no faster than Moto Atrix, ASUS Transformer, and HTC Inspire :(

That's too bad. On my arrive from the point I tap the netflix icon I am watching a movie in less than a minute. And the Arrive isn't even 4g!

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
your favorite part of windows phone

im not sure if this topic already exist but anyway i'll post it hopping its not posted before
what is your favorite part of windows phone

i start by saying the zune integration is my favorite part
so whats yours ? :happy:

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but the post directly below yours
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/183230.htm

Easy to not see it's intentions though, the topic really doesn't lead you to think it's about what your best feature in WP7 is.

Quote from said thread:
"At any rate, instead of droning on about what the new phones DON'T have, lets get a thread going on what your favorite thing is that your current phone DOES have. "

Anyways my favorite part of WP7 is simply the overall speed of the internet browsing and how fast apps and the phone itself load up. Also how non-clunky it is compared to android.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but the post directly below yours
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/183230.htm

Easy to not see it's intentions though, the topic really doesn't lead you to think it's about what your best feature in WP7 is.

Quote from said thread:

Anyways my favorite part of WP7 is simply the overall speed of the internet browsing and how fast apps and the phone itself load up. Also how non-clunky it is compared to android.

i thought it was about what the phone htc / samsung / nokia offer not the os
anyway if its the same topic delete this one

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
JEREMYSHAW FAIL. Only happy emoticons in this thread. D5 is the WPCentral queso Grande moderator and Mr Rourke (google "fantasy island tv show" for those of you who dont get that reference and think Jessica Simpson is the original Daisy Duke) of the forums.

hee hee :D

But yeah, I would of never noticed the Netflix load times if I wasn't in the middle of a ST TNG S5-S7 mega-marathon when I got the Focus.

Though what else do I like? Dedicated camera button requirement :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My Focus S goes in my front pocket and disappears. Its so thin and light I can barely even tell its there. The screen on my Focus is huge I finally have a phone that renders text large enough for me to see it... LOL

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Live tiles. They're awesome. Windows Phone is the only phone you can keep up-to-date on, pretty much everything, just by glancing at the start screen. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty effin cool.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Specific to my HTC Arrive I love the keyboard. I am one of those cell-phone users that HAS TO HAVE A PHYSICAL KEYBOARD! Nothing wrong with soft keyboards I just like REAL ones 10X better. I love how the Arrive is a 5 row keyboard with a dedicated number row as well! Not many phones have that.

I also like the tilt. I would rather have a kickstand because I watch a lot of movies on my phone but the tilt is acceptable. The phone is solid. Some of the slider keyboard phones are really cheap. The Arrive is a very solid device.

With those features it makes the phone a little heavier which I like as well. I can't stand think, light phones. I feel like I will break them.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My Focus S goes in my front pocket and disappears. Its so thin and light I can barely even tell its there. The screen on my Focus is huge I finally have a phone that renders text large enough for me to see it... LOL

I was in Vegas last week wehn the focus s and flash came out and Vegas doesnt seem to have a boatload of ATT stores and I was not able to make it by one while there (imagine that). So I am hoping my local store has some so I can go play with them.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
For me I really like the integrated calebar I still miss direct sync with outlook but the addition of tasks to the calendar has made it much more palatable for me. I think it could use more tweaking and features but is good for now.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Integration. Stability. Integration. Stability. Integration. Stability. and so on.......

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac