AT&T return policy - returning my Titan

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have decided to return my Titan. My wife keeps complaining about the bad phone quality on her end (I cant hear you, you sound muffled). I love the phone, but I am gonna wait it out till the Nokia N800 or 900 or whatever they announce arrives (hopefully on ATT). Im also heading overseas for 6 months soon, so no biggie not having a phone.

Anyways, what is their return policy (i got the 1 penny deal on black friday), and also renewed my contract that day. Will me returning my phone put me back up for renewal without an upgrade fee? Should I bring my old phone to the store with me to re-activate it?

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe the answer to your questions are yes...

You should get your upgrade eligibilty back, but always "inspect what you expect"--call in to customer care to double check that the contract dates did revert back to where they were...

If you are committed to returning your handset, do a hard reset on it, put your sim back in your original phone, and then head to the store--no "reactivation" is necessary--that is the beauty of GSM...

If there are any ATT employees out there, feel free to correct any errors in my answer...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, DONT FORGET TO WIPE THE PHONE. Lol. I got a "feature" phone years ago, before my first smartphone (Palm Treo running WinMo). Well, it had cloud photo storage. Needless to say, there was pictures preloaded on it and I gaurentee the young lady who owned the phone would not have approved those type of pictures remaining on a returned phone! Lol. Of course I was never informed it was a used phone, but whatever. However, I think contacts, emails and addresses are far more important not to have in the wrong hands.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, DONT FORGET TO WIPE THE PHONE. Lol. I got a "feature" phone years ago, before my first smartphone (Palm Treo running WinMo). Well, it had cloud photo storage. Needless to say, there was pictures preloaded on it and I gaurentee the young lady who owned the phone would not have approved those type of pictures remaining on a returned phone! Lol. Of course I was never informed it was a used phone, but whatever. However, I think contacts, emails and addresses are far more important not to have in the wrong hands.

When I had my wireless store, I would buy and trade from folks...I absolutely LOVED finding those hidden "easter eggs" as I deleted info from someone's handset...good times!

bitslave

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to return my Titan. My wife keeps complaining about the bad phone quality on her end (I cant hear you, you sound muffled). I love the phone, but I am gonna wait it out till the Nokia N800 or 900 or whatever they announce arrives (hopefully on ATT). Im also heading overseas for 6 months soon, so no biggie not having a phone.

Anyways, what is their return policy (i got the 1 penny deal on black friday), and also renewed my contract that day. Will me returning my phone put me back up for renewal without an upgrade fee? Should I bring my old phone to the store with me to re-activate it?
Have you checked the reception with someone else on another phone, could be a problem on the wife's end, haven't seen anyone else with this issue, may just be a problem with your particular phone.

Why don't you take it back to your carriers' store and get them to have a look.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You need to make sure you're doing a "Reverse Upgrade" - that is what AT&T calls it. This can be done in-store and, if properly done by the associate, will instantly make you re-eligible for your upgrade after returning the device. You can then upgrade to a new device in-store or online. I did this when I went from my Focus S to the Titan and it was surprisingly seamless. Remember, there is usually a $35 re-stocking fee during the 30-day Buyer's Remorse period.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked the reception with someone else on another phone, could be a problem on the wife's end, haven't seen anyone else with this issue, may just be a problem with your particular phone.

Why don't you take it back to your carriers' store and get them to have a look.

You are either very fluent in sarcasm, or you are new here...how have you missed all of us crying/moaning/cursing about this issue over the last couple of weeks?

Some of us have already switched to a different device...

Either way....Welcome! :cool:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe the answer to your questions are yes...

You should get your upgrade eligibilty back, but always "inspect what you expect"--call in to customer care to double check that the contract dates did revert back to where they were...

If you are committed to returning your handset, do a hard reset on it, put your sim back in your original phone, and then head to the store--no "reactivation" is necessary--that is the beauty of GSM...

If there are any ATT employees out there, feel free to correct any errors in my answer...

I cannot agree with the bolded part enough.

Carriers like T-Mobile love to constantly change their rate plans and upgrade you just because it's "more minutes for same price" without telling you resulting in a contract renewal. Sprint was known for this back in the early 2000's. If you changed your phone number, they renewed your contract without telling you.

So whatever you do, make sure you make sure they give you your upgrade eligibility back and stuff...

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You are either very fluent in sarcasm, or you are new here...how have you missed all of us crying/moaning/cursing about this issue over the last couple of weeks?

Some of us have already switched to a different device...

Either way....Welcome! :cool:

Second that. This is one of the top complaints about the TITAN...you would feel perfectly fine about returning it for this problem...especially for the sake of domestic peace! Good luck...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I happily rocking a Focus S, switched from a Titan. Still wondering if I'm gonna get these stereo bluetooth headsets from the WPCentral store or an extra battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon